Defence and security company Saab has signed a four year agreement with BAE Systems in Örnsköldsvik. The agreement, which is for the period 2013-2016, includes the delivery of automotive electronics for 144 Norwegian CV90 infantry fighting vehicles. The agreement has a total order value of SEK 131 million.
In turn, BAE Systems has signed an agreement with Saab regarding the supply of automotive electronics for displaying vehicle, command and sensor information. The deliveries include a computer network and operator displays as well as digital video systems with cameras.
“Saab is providing the CV90 vehicle with the latest technology and helping to enhance and improve protection for troops in the field. This order confirms our position as one of the leading providers of unique system solutions and automotive electronics for military combat vehicles. BAE Systems have shown their continued faith in us as a reliable and long-term supplier,” says Lars-Erik Wige, Head of Saab’s Support and Services business area.
Saab serves the global market with world-leading products, services and solutions ranging from military defence to civil security. Saab has operations and employees on all continents and constantly develops, adopts and improves new technology to meet customers’ changing needs.
Related Topic Tags
- army vehicles, CV-90, CV90, Electronic Systems, IFV, infantry, infantry fighting vehicle, norway, saab
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Ukranian Crisis
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Indian Navy contemplating CVN. Folly or Vision?
- US Navy News and updates
- Royal Malaysian Navy (RMN) update
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Russia's Arctic Expansion
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- F-35 - International Participation
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)
- Philippine Navy @ Janes Fighting Ships 2014-2015