Belarus has several battalions equipped with Russian-made S-300 air defense systems on combat duty as part of the Russian-Belarusian integrated air defense network.
“We have completed the first stage of modernization of the Belarusian S-300 air defense systems and agreed to intensify work on further deliveries of these systems to Belarus,” Serdyukov said after a meeting of Russian and Belarusian defense officials in Minsk.
Moscow and Minsk signed an agreement in February 2009 on the joint protection of the Russia-Belarus Union State’s airspace and the creation of an integrated regional air defense network.
“We are strengthening this network,” Serdyukov said.
Modernized versions of S-300 have a maximum engagement range of up to 150 kilometers (93 miles).
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Ukranian Crisis
- Indonesian Aero News
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Surface Warfare Training
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- Battle of the Tuetoberg Forest
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Scottish Independence