Belarus has several battalions equipped with Russian-made S-300 air defense systems on combat duty as part of the Russian-Belarusian integrated air defense network.
“We have completed the first stage of modernization of the Belarusian S-300 air defense systems and agreed to intensify work on further deliveries of these systems to Belarus,” Serdyukov said after a meeting of Russian and Belarusian defense officials in Minsk.
Moscow and Minsk signed an agreement in February 2009 on the joint protection of the Russia-Belarus Union State’s airspace and the creation of an integrated regional air defense network.
“We are strengthening this network,” Serdyukov said.
Modernized versions of S-300 have a maximum engagement range of up to 150 kilometers (93 miles).
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Stealth Aircraft Operation
- British Army News and Discussion
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Chinese 'air defence identification zone' in East China Sea
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Your kettle may be spying on you.
- NZDF General discussion thread
- Kapooka Pics
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- Stealthiest yet : RQ-180 Revealed
- space based LBI systems
- Iran Nuclear Ambitions