The F-16s were ordered to monitor the movements of the Bear Tu-95 planes. Before they entered Dutch airspace, the Russians were escorted by the Norwegian and Danish air forces.
The F-16s followed the Russian planes until the British air force took over above the British Isles.
It is not known why the Russians were flying in Dutch airspace without identifying themselves.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Regional implications of PKK's truce with Turkey
- JF-17 Thunder / FC-1 / Super-7 Discussions
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Aircraft Surveillance Operator RAAF
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Tactical Nuclear weapons - still relevant?
- The Indonesian Army
- S.Korea, Indonesia to develop 4.5 gen. fighter aircraft F-33
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- Russia might make ICBM submersible
- South China Sea News & Discussions, incl Spratly Islands News
- Go Bag - contents and rationale
- Air Power Australia and Low-Observability
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates