The F-16s were ordered to monitor the movements of the Bear Tu-95 planes. Before they entered Dutch airspace, the Russians were escorted by the Norwegian and Danish air forces.
The F-16s followed the Russian planes until the British air force took over above the British Isles.
It is not known why the Russians were flying in Dutch airspace without identifying themselves.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Juan Carlos / Canberra Class LHD
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Ukranian Crisis
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- RussianLand Forces Thread
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Some newer stuff from me...so far
- Merkava for Singapore ?
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- How truly capable is the United States Navy?
- US Navy News and updates