The F-16s were ordered to monitor the movements of the Bear Tu-95 planes. Before they entered Dutch airspace, the Russians were escorted by the Norwegian and Danish air forces.
The F-16s followed the Russian planes until the British air force took over above the British Isles.
It is not known why the Russians were flying in Dutch airspace without identifying themselves.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Ukranian Crisis
- PC GAMES (Defence/Military, Strategy)
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Compact Fusion Reactor
- Brazilian Air Force News and Discussion
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Indonesian Aero News
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Future of the French/Russian Mistral LHDs
- The Indonesian Army
- Underwater UFO at Sweden
- Author Research - Exercises