Northrop Grumman has been awarded a delivery order by the Naval Air Systems Command totaling $103 million to deliver LITENING G4 targeting systems. Under the terms of the award, Northrop Grumman will supply the U.S. Marine Corps with LITENING G4 pods.
The company will also provide G4 upgrade kits and spares to the Air National Guard to bring their Block 1 pods to the G4 configuration.
“This order represents the latest vote of confidence from our users that G4′s cutting edge technology supports their most demanding combat missions,” said Jim Mocarski, Northrop Grumman’s vice president of EO/IR targeting systems.
“LITENING’s achievement of 1.5 million flight hours is a testament to its reliability, flexible upgrade path and adaptability to multiple missions.”
Northrop Grumman has delivered more than 200 LITENING G4 systems to date. The LITENING G4 Advanced Targeting Pod is the newest addition to the company’s LITENING family of targeting pods, delivering the latest advancements in sensor, laser imaging and data link technology.
The G4′s technologies include a full 1Kx1K forward looking infrared and charge-coupled device, as well as short wave infrared laser imaging sensors, color symbology, tracker improvement and enhanced zoom.
These advancements deliver more accurate target identification and location at longer ranges than previous generations of LITENING targeting pod systems while reducing pilot workload.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Ukranian Crisis
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Where are the Russian weapons in Syria?
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- The Indonesian Army
- Poland plans to purchase heli platform
- Naval Exercises
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- RMAF Future; need opinions
- [ List of "Active" Military Aircraft ] All Nations