International Army News Thread

Haavarla

Seems Norway has order an upgrade and proccurment package from Sweeden on the current CV-90 and an deal on new CV-90 as well.

"According to the MoD, the total value of the project is estimated to be less than NOK10bn ($1.74bn). Deliveries are scheduled to start in 2013 and are to be completed by 2018."

Norwegian Army to buy new CV90 IFVs from BAE - Army Technology

I think this is a good decision.
Having several friends whom served in Stan.
The overall view of the CV 90 are very good.

I wonder if the CV 90 will get any systems like this?:

Remote Weapon Stations: It

This system is also combat proven in Stan, i have tried a similar system(sea protector) mounted on maritime patrol craft. Its a very effective system.

Haavarla

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Norwegian MoD has signed a NOK 4 Billion deal to upgrade its Leo MBT, and to get some new Anti Air system.

Regjeringen smeller til med opprustning av tanks-parken - TV2.no

I'm not sure, but i think this is a Scandinavian effort and they might all do the same kind of upgrade.

Do anyone have any clue what kind of upgrade we are talking about on the Leo's?
Its says improved targeting, com and armour etc etc

Ananda

The Bunker Group
Found bit difficulty to find appropriate thread, so I used this thread to put link to video in YouTube on Serbian New 155mm gun call Titan Mass. I don't know yet if this's already in production, but the video shown good concept for fully automatic 155mm gun.

Seems Serbia keep trying to put their Defense Industry work with new concept for both domestic and export market.

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Found bit difficulty to find appropriate thread, so I used this thread to put link to video in YouTube on Serbian New 155mm gun call Titan Mass. I don't know yet if this's already in production, but the video shown good concept for fully automatic 155mm gun.

Seems Serbia keep trying to put their Defense Industry work with new concept for both domestic and export market.
A lot of pressure on that pintle. I wonder what it's time between failures is.