Armoured vehicles provide the world’s militaries with important mobility and protection in hostile environments. Despite reduced defence budgets affecting many of the world’s leading military nations, armoured vehicles are expected to remain central to defence spending for all leading armed forces, and as such we assesse that the global armoured vehicles market is worth $10.97bn in 2012.
The Armoured Vehicles Market 2012-2022 report analyses the market for armoured vehicles at the global level, for four armoured vehicle submarkets, and for 20 leading national armoured vehicle markets. It reviews recent spending trends and forecasts future spending based on significant contracts, major programmes, anticipated needs and budget capacity.
In recent years, the great impetus in acquiring armoured vehicles was to counter protect forces from improvised explosive devices (IEDs) in Iraq and later, as that conflict evolved, in Afghanistan. To a lesser extent, this was true in other countries with local threats such as India. The end of US combat operations in Iraq at the end of 2011 and the planned withdrawal of coalition forces from Afghanistan in the coming years are expected to dampen immediate demand, with many Western forces refocusing on long-term needs instead of urgent operational requirements. However, the major US and European programmes already in the pipeline, as well as spending by economically resurgent countries such as China, India, and Turkey, will help boost spending on armoured vehicles.
This report contains 145 tables, charts and graphs that add quantitative analysis to explain developing trends within the armoured vehicles market. We provide forecasts for the period 2012-2022 in terms of value (in US$) for the global armoured vehicles market, four armoured vehicles submarkets (Main Battle Tanks, Medium Armoured Vehicles, Medium Mine-Resistant Vehicles, Light Protected Vehicles), and the leading 20 national armoured vehicle markets. In addition, a SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats) analysis is included within the report. The forecasts and analysis are underpinned by extensive expert consultation and the report includes an interview with Oto Melara SpA.
- Comprehensive analysis of the prospects for the armoured vehicles market from 2012-2022.
- Analysis and forecasting informed by extensive expert consultation with industry leaders. You will be able to read a full interview transcript from a leading company involved in the armoured vehicles market: Oto Melara SpA
- 145 tables, charts and graphs that quantify, analyse and forecast the changing dynamics of the armoured vehicles market between 2012-2022.
- Forecasts and analysis for the global armoured vehicles market between 2012-2022
- Forecasts and analysis for new armoured vehicles and upgrades from 2012-2022.
- Forecasts and analysis for four key submarkets of the armoured vehicles market from 2012-2022.
- Forecasts and analysis for 20 national armoured vehicles markets, as well as rest of the world figures and projections for the period 2012-2022
- Analysis of the forces that influence the armoured vehicles market
- SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats) analysis of the armoured vehicles market from 2012-2022
Profiles of 30 leading companies involved in the armoured vehicles market.
This report has been compiled by combining information obtained from a very wide and rich mixture of primary and secondary research sources, producing a broad industry overview. We sought opinions from leading figures in the armoured vehicles market to underpin the analysis of market drivers and restraints. The study draws on a diverse range of official corporate and governmental announcements, media reports, policy documents, industry statements and expert opinion as a basis for discussing and predicting developments in the armoured vehicles market between 2012 and 2022.
We consider that this methodology results in an accurate, objective mixture of analyses and forecasts.
Why you should buy The Armoured Vehicles Market 2012-2022
You will gain an understanding of the armoured vehicles market and learn how it will evolve over the next decade, with detailed global sales forecasts in terms of value (US$) from 2012 to 2022.
You will receive forecasts for new acquisitions and upgrades in the armoured vehicles market at the global level in terms of value (US$) from 2012-2022.
You will receive forecasts for four key submarkets of the armoured vehicles market in terms of value (US$) between 2012-2022:
- - Main Battle Tanks
- - Medium Armoured Vehicles
- - Medium Mine-Resistant Vehicles
- - Light Protected Vehicles
You will receive forecasts for 20 leading national armoured vehicles markets in terms of value (US$) from 2012-2022:
- - Australia
- - Brazil
- - Canada
- - China
- - France
- - Germany
- - India
- - Iraq
- - Israel
- - Italy
- - Japan
- - Russia
- - Saudi Arabia
- - South Korea
- - Sweden
- - Turkey
- - United Arab Emirates
- - United Kingdom
- - United States
- - Venezuela
The forecasts and analysis are underpinned by extensive expert consultation. A transcript of an original interview is included within the report with expert insight from: Oto Melara – an Italian company that produces turrets and remote weapon stations for armoured vehicles
- You will be able to study 145 tables, charts and graphs quantifying the armoured vehicles market in detail over the period 2012-2022.
- You will gain knowledge of who the leading players are within the armoured vehicles marketplace, with profiles of 30 leading companies within armoured vehicles.
- You will receive a SWOT analysis for strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats to the armoured vehicles market from 2012-2022.
What is the structure of the report?
- Chapter 1 is the executive summary
- Chapter 2 provides an introduction to the armoured vehicles market.
- Chapter 3 examines the global armoured vehicle market critically providing forecasts and analytical discussions over the period 2012-2022.
- Chapter 4 examines the global armoured vehicle submarkets, in terms of new vehicles and upgrades, and in terms of four key submarkets, providing forecasts and analytical discussions for 2012-2022.
- Chapter 5 covers 20 leading national markets: the United States, Canada, Brazil and Venezuela in the Americas; France, Germany, Italy, Russia, Sweden, Turkey and the United Kingdom in Europe; China, India, Japan, South Korea and Australia in the Asia-Pacific; and Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Iraq and Israel in the Middle East. This chapter surveys key programmes involving armoured vehicles systems and provides individual forecasts for 2012-2022.
- Chapter 6 lists the main strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) for the armoured vehicles market for the period 2012-2022.
- Chapter 7 provides an interview with an expert in the armoured vehicles sector: Officials at Oto Melara SpA, an Italian defence company that produces land, naval and air weapon systems. The company produces turrets for armoured vehicles. It is part of the Iveco-Oto Melara Consortium (CIO, or Consorzio Iveco Oto Melara).
- Chapter 8 provides profiles of 30 key companies involved in the armoured vehicles sector.
- Chapter 9 is a summary of the report, highlighting conclusions from visiongain’s research.
- Chapter 10 lists abbreviations and acronyms used in this report.
You can order this report today
Anybody with an interest in the armoured vehicles market should gain valuable information and insight from this new study, which analyses one of the most exciting markets in the defence industry. The armoured vehicles market offers substantial business and investment opportunities and is becoming an increasingly important component of the defence sector globally.
This defence report will be valuable both to those already involved in the armoured vehicles market and those wishing to enter the market in the future. Gain an understanding of how to tap into the potential of this market by ordering The Armoured Vehicles Market 2012-2022.
Related Topic Tags
- afghanistan, Armor Vehicles, armor vehicles market, armoured vehicles, armoured vehicles market, army vehicles, australia, brazil, china, europe, france, germany, IED, india, iraq, israel, italy, japan, market, MRAP, protected vehicles, report, russia, south korea, sweden, Tanks, turkey, UK, venezuela
Keywords:indian army modern vehicles, market army cars
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- ADF General discussion thread
- Juan Carlos / Canberra Class LHD
- Assad's strategic options
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- US Navy News and updates
- Ukranian Crisis
- How truly capable is the United States Navy?
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- The Indonesian Army
- S.Korea, Indonesia to develop 4.5 gen. fighter aircraft F-33