Haifa, Israel: Rafael Advanced Defense Systems announces the release of the Spike NLOS weapon system. The Spike NLOS is an electro-optically guided missile for ranges of up to 25 km with pinpoint accuracy and midcourse navigation. The weapon system can be launched from land, air and naval platforms.
Equipped with a variety of warheads, RF communication, unique advantages of hitting non-line of site (NLOS) targets, the ability to switch between targets and abort mission, the Spike NLOS can be operated in offensive and defensive scenarios.
Spike NLOS is designed to be integrated into the modern battle arena and can receive target location from an embedded TAS system, external sensors, C4I center or UAVs.
Coming from a long tradition of missile expertise, the Spike NLOS is a member of Rafael’s well known Spike missile family. The Spike family consists of precise tactical missiles launched from different ranges at a variety targets for use by infantry units and on combat vehicles, attack helicopters, as well as naval vessels.
David Stemer, Executive VP and General Manager of the Missiles and NCW Division at Rafael says that “the Spike NLOS, a member of the Spike family, enables Rafael to give forces, on any modern battlefield, the most effective means to deal with all threats.”
He adds that, “The existence of the family of Spike systems is a result of Rafael’s ability to adapt itself to the needs of the users and to continually provide them with the most cost effective, advanced technology
and the best operational capability available.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)
- Future of the French/Russian Mistral LHDs
- F-35 - International Participation
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Flanker Export Thread
- North Korean Military.
- Underwater UFO at Sweden
- Brazilian Air Force News and Discussion
- Iran Inaugurates Production Line of HAFEZ Radar System
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- Indian Navy Discussions and Updates