Patria has officially delivered four upgraded Rauma Class Fast Attack Crafts to the Finnish Navy. The upgrade of the vessels called Rauma, Raahe, Porvoo and Naantali began in 2010 and was completed at the end of 2013.
This major life-cycle upgrade project for Rauma Class Fast Attack Crafts secured a lifespan for this class of vessel, completed in 1990-1992, to last into the 2020s and upgraded the related combat system to meet modern requirements.
Patria was the project’s main supplier, responsible for overall renovation planning, subcontractor delivery co-ordination, and general integration. Patria’s subcontractors included Saab AB, Western Shipyard Oy, Kongsberg Maritime AS, Furuno Finland Oy, Ab Marinel Oy, and Valmarine Oy. The total value of the project was approximately EUR 70 million.
“The Rauma Class Fast Attack Craft life-cycle upgrade project succeeded according to plan. Special thanks are due to the project team, partners and the customer for their smooth and flexible cooperation. The project was challenging because it involved many different system upgrades. Its successful completion is excellent proof of Patria’s ability to manage and implement large-scale system integration projects,” says Pasi Niinikoski, the president of Patria’s Systems Business Unit.
Patria is a trusted provider of defence, security and aviation lifecycle support services and technology solutions, owned by the Republic of Finland (73.2%) and the Airbus Group (26.8%).
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:elbit patria finland
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Juan Carlos / Canberra Class LHD
- S.Korea, Indonesia to develop 4.5 gen. fighter aircraft F-33
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- UAV for Meteorological duty.
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Ukranian Crisis
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- ADF General discussion thread
- Assad's strategic options
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- US Navy News and updates