This is the first of three C-130Js on order for Oman and is scheduled for delivery later this year.
Oman currently operates a fleet of three C-130Hs purchased in the early 1980s.
The new C-130J will be used to support internal country operations where its ability to operate out of remote austere airstrips will be invaluable
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Naval Version of MLRS
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- The Indonesian Army
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Will modern warfare eliminate the use of artillery?
- F-18E/F good in air to air?
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Assad's strategic options
- ASEAN (and ADMM Plus) Military Exercises
- Benefits and limitations of low-frequency radar systems?
- Manning trial; Apache gun camera