This is the first of three C-130Js on order for Oman and is scheduled for delivery later this year.
Oman currently operates a fleet of three C-130Hs purchased in the early 1980s.
The new C-130J will be used to support internal country operations where its ability to operate out of remote austere airstrips will be invaluable
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- F-18 Advanced Hornet
- RAAF Stand-off Missiles Fire and Forget?
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- US Navy News and updates
- Indonesian Aero News
- The Indonesian Army
- F-35 - International Participation
- Drones attacks by the US
- Ukranian Crisis
- RussianLand Forces Thread
- Battlefield communications in high radiation environments
- Opinions on military and strategy games
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Republic of Singapore Air Force