This is the first of three C-130Js on order for Oman and is scheduled for delivery later this year.
Oman currently operates a fleet of three C-130Hs purchased in the early 1980s.
The new C-130J will be used to support internal country operations where its ability to operate out of remote austere airstrips will be invaluable
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Compact Fusion Reactor
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Author Research - Exercises
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- The Arsenal Ship Revisited. Again.
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Indonesian Aero News
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- Ukranian Crisis
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)