EADS and its Divisions – Airbus, Astrium, Cassidian and Eurocopter – will present a broad selection of cutting-edge products, technologies and services at the ILA Berlin Air Show 2012, which takes place 11-16 September 2012.
Under the motto “The Future, by EADS” the Group will highlight its extensive capabilities to meet the future requirements of the aerospace and defence industry. EADS’ presence at ILA will be centred around its Pavilion in Chalet Row West. Accredited journalists are invited to visit the EADS Press Area within the Pavilion. Moreover, the Group will hold a number of press conferences and events for the media during the week.
The EADS exhibition area will give an insight into the Group’s product range and innovations and includes the following models and exhibits:
- Airbus: An A350 XWB cut-away, the eco-efficient A320neo and the C295 transport & surveillance aircraft in two different configurations;
- Astrium: The Ariane 5 ME (Mid-Life Evolution) launcher, several satellites (Pléiades, TerraSAR, Sentinel-2);
- Cassidian: The Barracuda demonstrator, a European Unmanned Aerial System (UAS), the Eurofighter and a Showroom comprising all capabilities of Cassidian in military air systems;
- Eurocopter: The AS350 B3e, an EC135 for emergency medical service, the military variant EC635, an EC145 T2 mock up as a special forces carrier and a CH-53 GA with latest upgrades;
- EADS Innovation Works – the Group’s Corporate Research & Technology laboratories: A variety of projects such as a lightning simulator, a rotor flap demonstrator which aims to reduce noise and vibrations and the hybrid propulsion system concept for the TANAN UAS.
As part of the flying display, visitors will be able to enjoy a number of spectacular demonstrations:
- Airbus: The A320 with sharklets and the A400M military transport aircraft;
- Cassidian: A German Air Force Eurofighter;
- Eurocopter: The Tiger UHT (German Support Helicopter), the NH90 NFH (Nato Frigate Helicopter), the high-speed X3 demonstrator and an EC145. On the static display, various other aircraft and helicopters will be present such as an Airbus A380, a sharklet equipped A320, the Beluga transport aircraft, the A400M, the C295, Eurocopter’s EC145 T2, the CH-53 GA, the EC635 and the AS350 B3e. Cassidian will provide a European UAS and the UAS Demonstrator Barracuda.
Furthermore, Airbus and Airbus Corporate Foundation will stage a special exhibition on “Humanitarian Support” to highlight products and services for humanitarian missions. An A400M, a mobile hospital, an EC135 helicopter in disaster control configuration as well as a satellite communications terminal and Geo-Service information system will be on display.
On 14 September, EADS’ “Students Day” will take place with over 150 students from schools in the region of Berlin-Brandenburg invited by the Group to visit the ILA Berlin Air Show. The students will get the chance to discover the world of aerospace through talks with EADS experts. Moreover, the young visitors will see a demonstration by the winning team of the German Champion in 8-way Skydiving. Some of the students will also be able to discover the phenomena of aerodynamics by floating in a “bodyflying” facility.
More EADS-related products and services will be provided by Premium AEROTEC (Stand N° 2405 / Chalet N° 20), Eurofighter (Chalet N° 15) and MBDA (Pavilion N° 642). The Bavarian International Campus Aerospace & Security (BICAS) will also be represented with a stand (N° 2406). In addition, there are displays presenting heritage aircraft from Bölkow and Messerschmitt. Moreover, EADS products will be displayed at the ILA HeliCenter, the ILA Space Pavilion and the ILA UAS-Plaza.
EADS is a global leader in aerospace, defence and related services. In 2011, the Group – comprising Airbus, Astrium, Cassidian and Eurocopter – generated revenues of € 49.1 billion and employed a workforce of over 133,000.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- NZDF General discussion thread
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- ADF General discussion thread
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- US Navy News and updates
- Future of the Global Hawk
- Marine Nationale Discussions and Updates
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- DT Hall of Shame - Ban List
- Tactical Nuclear weapons - still relevant?
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- South China Sea News & Discussions, incl Spratly Islands News