Sikorsky Aircraft, PARIS: Sikorsky Aircraft Corp. today announced the signing of a Letter of Offer and Acceptance by the government of Colombia to acquire 15 Sikorsky UH-60L Black Hawk helicopters from the U.S. Army. The Foreign Military Sale is valued at approximately $225 million and includes spares, support, and training. Sikorsky Aircraft is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp.
Colombia intends to use the aircraft to battle narcotics trafficking and for national defense. Black Hawk helicopter derivatives today are serving 26 governments around the world in a diverse range of missions, from combat assault and peacekeeping to disaster relief and medical evacuation. Sikorsky also plans to introduce a Black Hawk model specifically for the international market, with production taking place in Mielec, Poland, and deliveries from there starting in 2010-2011.
“The Colombia government already flies Black Hawk helicopters and knows their full capabilities and durability. We appreciate the continued trust and confidence the government has shown in both the aircraft and Sikorsky, and we look forward to many more years of working together,” said Ricardo Perez, Sikorsky Regional Sales Executive for Latin America.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., USA, is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacturing and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., USA, provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Pakistan Air Force [PAF] News and Discussions
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- NZDF General discussion thread
- South China Sea News & Discussions, incl Spratly Islands News
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- Indonesian Aero News
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- ADF General discussion thread
- Singapore Army Pictures
- "Across the Beach"- AAVs for the Australian Army ?
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates