The agreement was reached during a meeting in Beijing of defense ministers from the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO), a security group comprising China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan, a joint communique said.
Russian Defense Minister Sergei Ivanov told reporters the military drill was aimed at safeguarding the countries against terrorist attacks and was not meant to threaten any country.
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Ukranian Crisis
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Where are the Russian weapons in Syria?
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- The Indonesian Army
- Poland plans to purchase heli platform
- Naval Exercises
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- RMAF Future; need opinions
- [ List of "Active" Military Aircraft ] All Nations