The agreement was reached during a meeting in Beijing of defense ministers from the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO), a security group comprising China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan, a joint communique said.
Russian Defense Minister Sergei Ivanov told reporters the military drill was aimed at safeguarding the countries against terrorist attacks and was not meant to threaten any country.
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- US Navy News and updates
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- F-35 - International Participation
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- UFO or secret fighter jet?
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Ukranian Crisis
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Armored Vehicle Recognition Guide
- Australian Defense Forces Recruiting Foreign Military Personnel
- Land 400
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- Republic of Singapore Air Force
- Question from Military Fiction Author on bridge destruction