The agreement was reached during a meeting in Beijing of defense ministers from the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO), a security group comprising China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan, a joint communique said.
Russian Defense Minister Sergei Ivanov told reporters the military drill was aimed at safeguarding the countries against terrorist attacks and was not meant to threaten any country.
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Compact Fusion Reactor
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- The Arsenal Ship Revisited. Again.
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Author Research - Exercises
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Indonesian Aero News
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- Ukranian Crisis
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards