The agreement was reached during a meeting in Beijing of defense ministers from the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO), a security group comprising China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan, a joint communique said.
Russian Defense Minister Sergei Ivanov told reporters the military drill was aimed at safeguarding the countries against terrorist attacks and was not meant to threaten any country.
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Singapore Army Pictures
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- The Indonesian Army
- Naval Version of MLRS
- Assad's strategic options
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- ASEAN (and ADMM Plus) Military Exercises
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Will modern warfare eliminate the use of artillery?
- F-18E/F good in air to air?
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Benefits and limitations of low-frequency radar systems?