Defence and security company Saab has signed a contract with Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering Korea, for development and integration of combat management and radar systems on a new frigate for the Royal Thai Navy. The order amounts to MSEK 850.
The contract comprises of combat management system and radar system.
Saab is the combat system integrator. In addition to the supply of its own systems, Saab is also responsible for procurement and integrations of third-party systems.
Deliveries of ship equipment are scheduled to commence in 2016 and production will take place in Sweden, Denmark, Thailand and Australia.
Saab serves the global market with world-leading products, services and solutions ranging from military defence to civil security. Saab has operations and employees on all continents and constantly develops, adopts and improves new technology to meet customers’ changing needs.
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:chinese frugate thailand wins
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Compact Fusion Reactor
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Brazilian Air Force News and Discussion
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Indonesian Aero News
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Future of the French/Russian Mistral LHDs
- The Indonesian Army
- Underwater UFO at Sweden
- Ukranian Crisis
- Author Research - Exercises
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates