Defence and security company Saab has signed a contract with Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering Korea, for development and integration of combat management and radar systems on a new frigate for the Royal Thai Navy. The order amounts to MSEK 850.
The contract comprises of combat management system and radar system.
Saab is the combat system integrator. In addition to the supply of its own systems, Saab is also responsible for procurement and integrations of third-party systems.
Deliveries of ship equipment are scheduled to commence in 2016 and production will take place in Sweden, Denmark, Thailand and Australia.
Saab serves the global market with world-leading products, services and solutions ranging from military defence to civil security. Saab has operations and employees on all continents and constantly develops, adopts and improves new technology to meet customers’ changing needs.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Stealthiest yet : RQ-180 Revealed
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- NZDF General discussion thread
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Stealth Aircraft Operation
- British Army News and Discussion
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Chinese 'air defence identification zone' in East China Sea
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Your kettle may be spying on you.
- Kapooka Pics
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- space based LBI systems