The contract concerns a comprehensive set of spares and support services for a previously delivered system, Saab 2000 AEW&C (Airborne Early Warning & Control). The Saab 2000 AEW&C comprises of Saab 2000 aircraft equipped with the advanced Erieye radar system and ground equipment.
The wide-area surveillance system in combination with ground equipment enables control over both land and sea, and can play an important role for border surveillance and rescue operations as well as in combating terrorism and organised crime.
“Our surveillance system provides the customer with improved solutions for defence and civil security. This contract is a result of our close cooperation with our customer and can be seen as a further confirmation of our strong capability to provide our customers with advanced service and support solutions”, says Gunilla Fransson, Head of Saab’s business area Security and Defence Solutions.
Saab offers airborne surveillance systems for a wide range of use. The systems can be based on different platforms and delivered as turn key solutions including a comprehensive set of advanced support, spare part services and training. Saab’s Erieye radar system has been provided on several platforms, for example Saab 2000, Saab 340 and Embraer 145, and sold to eight different customers around the world.
The industry’s nature is such that depending on circumstances concerning the product and customer, information regarding the customer will not be announced.
Saab serves the global market with world-leading products, services and solutions ranging from military defence to civil security. Saab has operations and employees on all continents and constantly develops, adopts and improves new technology to meet customers’ changing needs.
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:saab 2000 surveillance aircraft, uav saab 2000
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- How truly capable is the United States Navy?
- Philippines to Re-Focus on Territorial Defence in 2012
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Navy Carrier Battle Group composition
- Ukranian Crisis
- Cooling system supplier for Wheeled armored vehicle
- Gaza/Israel clashes thread
- Indonesian Aero News
- Juan Carlos / Canberra Class LHD
- RussianLand Forces Thread
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates