“A prototype of an ocean-going class destroyer will be built in 2016 for the country’s Navy,” Vysotsky said at the 5th International Maritime Defense Show, IMDS-2011, in St. Petersburg.
The admiral added there was a 90 percent probability that the warship would be equipped with a nuclear-powered engine.
President of Russia’s United Shipbuilding Corporation Roman Trotsenko said earlier on Thursday that his company would start designing a new-generation, nuclear-powered destroyer for the Russian Navy this fall.
He said the design phase will take up to two years.
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:russian new nuclear destroyer, nuclear destroyer, russian next generation destroyer, russian nuclear destroyers
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- Ukranian Crisis
- APC BTR -80 Overhauling /servicing WORKSHOP
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Republic of Singapore Air Force
- Т-35A Up and Running
- Singapore Navy
- F-35 - International Participation
- US Navy News and updates
- China invasion of Johnson Reef of Vietnam on March 14th 1988
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- Republic of Singapore Air Force Discussions
- Singapore Army Pictures