The system completed three months of land-based trial flights at Naval Air Warfare Center Weapons Division in China Lake, Calif., before launching from a LPD-class ship.
The photograph shows the RQ-21A Small Tactical Unmanned Air System (STUAS) is recovered with the flight recovery apparatus cable on the flight deck of the San Antonio-class amphibious transport dock USS Mesa Verde (LPD 19) after its first flight at sea. Mesa Verde is underway conducting exercises in the Gulf of Mexico.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- RAAF Stand-off Missiles Fire and Forget?
- F-18 Advanced Hornet
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- US Navy News and updates
- Indonesian Aero News
- The Indonesian Army
- F-35 - International Participation
- Drones attacks by the US
- Ukranian Crisis
- RussianLand Forces Thread
- Battlefield communications in high radiation environments
- Opinions on military and strategy games
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Republic of Singapore Air Force