The rebels struck at a terminal on the outskirts of Peshawar, the capital of Khyber Pakhtoonkhwa province.
“More than two dozen militants entered the terminal and planted timed devices on 12 out of a total 18 fuel tankers parked at the terminal,” senior police official Imtiaz Shah told AFP.
He said 11 tankers were blown up while the device planted on one of the vehicles did not explode, adding that militants also shot dead two guards and two drivers who resisted them.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Indonesian Aero News
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Juan Carlos / Canberra Class LHD
- French Armée de l'Air News & Discussion
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Brazilian Air Force News and Discussion
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Arms Race in Space
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Possible Singaporean Aircraft Carrier
- Ukranian Crisis
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates