JSC Russian Aircraft Corporation MiG (part of the United Aircraft Corporation) performs flights of the MiG-29K/KUB shipborne fighters from the Vikramaditya aircraft carrier, which is on trials in the Barents Sea.
The first landing on an aircraft carrier on July 28, 2012 was performed by MiG-29KUB, piloted by RAC MiG test pilots Mikhail Belyaev and Nikolai Diorditsa. The pilots made the first landing on an aircraft carrier on July 28, 2012, performed by MiG-29KUB piloted by RAC MiG test pilots Mikhail Belyaev and Nikolai Diorditsa. Then the pilots made the first take-off from the aircraft carrier and one successful landing on the deck.
On July 29 Vikramaditya aircraft carrier with MiG-29KUB on board took part in the parade of the Northern Fleet, devoted to the Day of the Russian Navy.
Flights of the MiG’s shipborne fighters from the aircraft carrier are carried out in accordance with the Indian side agreed plan. After completing trials the Vikramaditya aircraft carrier (before upgradation – the heavy aircraft-carrying cruiser Admiral Gorshkov) is to enter the Indian Navy and become the base for MiG-29K and MiG-29KUB supplied by RAC MiG since 2009.
RAC MiG General Director Sergey Korotkov, present aboard the Vikramaditya aircraft carrier during the first flight, thanked Michael Belyaev and Nikolai Diorditsa for the excellent work.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- The Scottish Navy
- Scottish Independence
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- Ukranian Crisis
- British Army News and Discussion
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- Assad's strategic options
- US Navy News and updates
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- Future of the French/Russian Mistral LHDs