AKSAZ, Turkey: The trilateral maritime search and rescue exercise Reliant Mermaid 2009, a four-day series of evolutions in the Eastern Mediterranean Sea, will commence Aug. 17.
Maritime forces from Israel, Turkey and the United States are scheduled to participate in cooperative activities involving in-port harbor training, at-sea search and rescue scenarios and post-exercise discussions, each geared to enhance interoperability and strengthen ongoing maritime partnerships.
The annual humanitarian search and rescue exercise enables participants to increase the ability to share information and provides Sailors from each nation the opportunity to familiarize themselves with other navies’ operating procedures.
The exercise will contribute to overall joint readiness in response to possible future humanitarian assistance efforts or maritime search and rescue operations in the region.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Scottish Independence
- What/Who downed MH17 ?
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- The Scottish Navy
- Future of the French/Russian Mistral LHDs
- Ukranian Crisis
- Active Modern Military Aircraft Question...Need Input
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- British Army News and Discussion
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- Assad's strategic options