A missile unit of the elite Strategic Forces Command (SFC) successfully launched a Prithvi missile today from the test range at Chandipur, off the Odisha Coast as part of a scenario based live launch training exercise. The launch was flawless and achieved all its targeting and technical parameters set out for the training exercise.
‘The launch was conducted as a culmination to a strategic training exercise. The aim of this exercise was to validate our readiness by undertaking launches in various contingencies’, said an SFC spokesperson.
Prithvi missiles are indigenously produced and are equipped with improved high accuracy navigation and manoeuvring system. Inducted into India’s Strategic Forces Command in 2003, the Prithvi missile, the first missile to be developed under India’s prestigious IGMDP strengthens India’s nuclear deterrence.
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:IRBM INDIA IMAGES, prithvi missiles latest news
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- How truly capable is the United States Navy?
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- The Indonesian Army
- S.Korea, Indonesia to develop 4.5 gen. fighter aircraft F-33
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Ukranian Crisis
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Juan Carlos / Canberra Class LHD
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- ESM device?
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates