A missile unit of the elite Strategic Forces Command (SFC) successfully launched a Prithvi missile today from the test range at Chandipur, off the Odisha Coast as part of a scenario based live launch training exercise. The launch was flawless and achieved all its targeting and technical parameters set out for the training exercise.
‘The launch was conducted as a culmination to a strategic training exercise. The aim of this exercise was to validate our readiness by undertaking launches in various contingencies’, said an SFC spokesperson.
Prithvi missiles are indigenously produced and are equipped with improved high accuracy navigation and manoeuvring system. Inducted into India’s Strategic Forces Command in 2003, the Prithvi missile, the first missile to be developed under India’s prestigious IGMDP strengthens India’s nuclear deterrence.
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:images of indian warships
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Land 400
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Ukranian Crisis
- US Navy News and updates
- F-35 - International Participation
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- UFO or secret fighter jet?
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Armored Vehicle Recognition Guide
- Australian Defense Forces Recruiting Foreign Military Personnel
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- Republic of Singapore Air Force
- Question from Military Fiction Author on bridge destruction