A missile unit of the elite Strategic Forces Command (SFC) successfully launched a Prithvi missile today from the test range at Chandipur, off the Odisha Coast as part of a scenario based live launch training exercise. The launch was flawless and achieved all its targeting and technical parameters set out for the training exercise.
‘The launch was conducted as a culmination to a strategic training exercise. The aim of this exercise was to validate our readiness by undertaking launches in various contingencies’, said an SFC spokesperson.
Prithvi missiles are indigenously produced and are equipped with improved high accuracy navigation and manoeuvring system. Inducted into India’s Strategic Forces Command in 2003, the Prithvi missile, the first missile to be developed under India’s prestigious IGMDP strengthens India’s nuclear deterrence.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Indonesian Aero News
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Brazilian Air Force News and Discussion
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Future of the French/Russian Mistral LHDs
- The Indonesian Army
- Underwater UFO at Sweden
- Compact Fusion Reactor
- Ukranian Crisis
- Author Research - Exercises
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates