A missile unit of the elite Strategic Forces Command (SFC) successfully launched a Prithvi missile today from the test range at Chandipur, off the Odisha Coast as part of a scenario based live launch training exercise. The launch was flawless and achieved all its targeting and technical parameters set out for the training exercise.
‘The launch was conducted as a culmination to a strategic training exercise. The aim of this exercise was to validate our readiness by undertaking launches in various contingencies’, said an SFC spokesperson.
Prithvi missiles are indigenously produced and are equipped with improved high accuracy navigation and manoeuvring system. Inducted into India’s Strategic Forces Command in 2003, the Prithvi missile, the first missile to be developed under India’s prestigious IGMDP strengthens India’s nuclear deterrence.
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:chinese irbm missiles
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- French Armée de l'Air News & Discussion
- Brazilian Air Force News and Discussion
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Juan Carlos / Canberra Class LHD
- Arms Race in Space
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Possible Singaporean Aircraft Carrier
- Ukranian Crisis
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates