A missile unit of the elite Strategic Forces Command (SFC) successfully launched a Prithvi missile today from the test range at Chandipur, off the Odisha Coast as part of a scenario based live launch training exercise. The launch was flawless and achieved all its targeting and technical parameters set out for the training exercise.
‘The launch was conducted as a culmination to a strategic training exercise. The aim of this exercise was to validate our readiness by undertaking launches in various contingencies’, said an SFC spokesperson.
Prithvi missiles are indigenously produced and are equipped with improved high accuracy navigation and manoeuvring system. Inducted into India’s Strategic Forces Command in 2003, the Prithvi missile, the first missile to be developed under India’s prestigious IGMDP strengthens India’s nuclear deterrence.
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:chinese irbm missiles
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Brazilian Naval Strength
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Ukranian Crisis
- Russia tests new missiles
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- US Navy News and updates
- Mexico's military defense
- The Indonesian Army
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates