The last 400 soldiers deployed to the volatile province started to leave Nijrab, the French base in Kapisa, at 10:00 am (0530 GMT) after a departure ceremony.
Of the 2,200 French soldiers still left in Afghanistan, a military official said that about 700 would return to France by the end of the year.
Around 50 trainers will remain based in Wardak province, west of Kabul, and 1,500 would stay in the Afghan capital, where most will be tasked with organising the final departure of French troops by the summer of 2013.
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:french army, french troops in afghanistan
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Republic of Singapore Air Force Discussions
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- Ukranian Crisis
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- F-35 - International Participation
- Т-35A Up and Running
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- US Navy News and updates
- Singapore Army Pictures
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- Body Armour
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- Efficacy of the SM-3 Against Countermeasures?