The last 400 soldiers deployed to the volatile province started to leave Nijrab, the French base in Kapisa, at 10:00 am (0530 GMT) after a departure ceremony.
Of the 2,200 French soldiers still left in Afghanistan, a military official said that about 700 would return to France by the end of the year.
Around 50 trainers will remain based in Wardak province, west of Kabul, and 1,500 would stay in the Afghan capital, where most will be tasked with organising the final departure of French troops by the summer of 2013.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Indonesian Aero News
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- NZDF General discussion thread
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Naval Version of MLRS
- Singapore Army Pictures
- The Indonesian Army
- Assad's strategic options
- ASEAN (and ADMM Plus) Military Exercises
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates