The last 400 soldiers deployed to the volatile province started to leave Nijrab, the French base in Kapisa, at 10:00 am (0530 GMT) after a departure ceremony.
Of the 2,200 French soldiers still left in Afghanistan, a military official said that about 700 would return to France by the end of the year.
Around 50 trainers will remain based in Wardak province, west of Kabul, and 1,500 would stay in the Afghan capital, where most will be tasked with organising the final departure of French troops by the summer of 2013.
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:army combat missions at war afphganastand
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- North Korean Military.
- Indian Navy Discussions and Updates
- NZDF General discussion thread
- Russia might bring ICBM on trains
- F-X deal is back on. Brazil back in action
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- Brazilian Naval Strength
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- British Army News and Discussion
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Republic of Singapore Air Force
- Chinese 'air defence identification zone' in East China Sea