It has been announced that RAF Tornado aircraft have destroyed three armoured vehicles in Misrata, and three further vehicles in Ajdabiya, following a missile strike.
The Chief of Defence Staff’s Strategic Communication Officer Major General John Lorimer said:
“British Tornado GR4 Aircraft, on a mission over Libya yesterday afternoon in support of the United Nations Security Council Resolution 1973 took part in a co-ordinated missile strike against units of Colonel Gaddafi’s Libyan Military.
“The Tornado aircraft launched a number of guided Brimstone missiles, destroying three armoured vehicles in Misrata and two further armoured vehicles in Ajdabiya. Brimstone is a high precision, low collateral damage weapon optimised against demanding and mobile targets.
“Britain and her International partners remain engaged in Operations to support United Nations Security Resolution 1973, to enforce the established No Fly Zone and are contributing to the NATO arms embargo of Libya.”
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- The Scottish Navy
- Scottish Independence
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- Ukranian Crisis
- British Army News and Discussion
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- Assad's strategic options
- US Navy News and updates
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- Future of the French/Russian Mistral LHDs