It has been announced that RAF Tornado aircraft have destroyed three armoured vehicles in Misrata, and three further vehicles in Ajdabiya, following a missile strike.
The Chief of Defence Staff’s Strategic Communication Officer Major General John Lorimer said:
“British Tornado GR4 Aircraft, on a mission over Libya yesterday afternoon in support of the United Nations Security Council Resolution 1973 took part in a co-ordinated missile strike against units of Colonel Gaddafi’s Libyan Military.
“The Tornado aircraft launched a number of guided Brimstone missiles, destroying three armoured vehicles in Misrata and two further armoured vehicles in Ajdabiya. Brimstone is a high precision, low collateral damage weapon optimised against demanding and mobile targets.
“Britain and her International partners remain engaged in Operations to support United Nations Security Resolution 1973, to enforce the established No Fly Zone and are contributing to the NATO arms embargo of Libya.”
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Benefits and limitations of low-frequency radar systems?
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Manning trial; Apache gun camera
- Naval Version of MLRS
- Assad's strategic options
- Worst Commanders in History
- Identifying friendlies through thermals
- Rifle launched grappling hook?
- Juan Carlos / Canberra Class LHD
- Singapore Army Pictures
- The Indonesian Army
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates