The Defense Security Cooperation Agency notified Congress June 26 of a possible Foreign Military Sale to the Government Kuwait of 300 AGM-114R3 HELLFIRE II missiles and associated equipment and support. The estimated cost is $49 million.
The Government of Kuwait has requested a possible sale 300 AGM-114R3 HELLFIRE II missiles, containers, spare and repair parts, support and test equipment, repair and return support, training equipment and personnel training, U.S. Government and contractor logistics, Quality Assurance Team support services, engineering and technical support, and other related elements of program support. The estimated cost is $49 million.
This proposed sale will contribute to the foreign policy and national security of the United States by helping to improve the security of a friendly country that has been, and continues to be an important force for political stability and economic progress in the Middle East.
Kuwait intends to use these defense articles and services to modernize its armed forces and expand its existing Air Force architecture to counter threats posed by potential attack. This proposed sale will also contribute to Kuwait’s military goal of updating its capability while further enhancing its interoperability with the U.S. and other allies. This capability will serve to deter potential attacks against strategic targets across Kuwait, to include infrastructure and resources vital to the security of the U.S.
The proposed sale of this weapon system will not alter the basic military balance in the region.
The prime contractor is Lockheed Martin Corporation in Orlando, Florida. There are no known offset agreements proposed in connection with this sale.
Implementation of this proposed sale will not require the assignment of U.S. Government or contractor representatives to Kuwait.
There will be no adverse impact on U.S. defense readiness as a result of this proposed sale.
This notice of a potential sale is required by law and does not mean the sale has been concluded.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- US Navy News and updates
- "Across the Beach"- AAVs for the Australian Army ?
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- NZDF General discussion thread
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- ADF General discussion thread
- Future of the Global Hawk
- Marine Nationale Discussions and Updates
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- DT Hall of Shame - Ban List
- Tactical Nuclear weapons - still relevant?
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- New Zealand Army Organisation