The new members introduction thread.

MSC_ABmike

New guy onboard

Hi, I've been checking out your forum and just wanted to introduce myself....hope to learn alot and contrubute what I have learned over the years.....thanks for having me...mike

link101

Hello, nice to be here and part of this forum, Im belong also in an active military life which is now base in the field.

Hope in this community we can share useful ideas and and can contribute as well.

[Mod Edit: Welcome to DT, read the Forum Rules and feel free to join in the various discussions. I would appreciate it if your signature line of your intro is not used solely to promote your own online services that is not related to the discussions. However, if you are interested in advertising in DT, I'll be glad to contact the Webmaster for you. ]

Last edited by a moderator:

pigion

insaallah!, namaste!.

my name is pigion.

i love peace (you know..pigion needs silence to pickup something from the ground, with its beacon, no gun shots please while i just begin to eat.)

ha ha...ha..ha, i must admit truth i love miliatery gadgets, equally aware that strengh alone guarantees 'peace' - nothing else (especially --- in this over-populated selfish globe.)

i feel honored to be allowed into to this forum/website and share this home with all of you - kind and concerned citizens of 'mother earth'.

thank you very much

yours sincerely

your friend-a small pigion.;):)

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome guys. Read the rules and enjoy your stay. If you want the blue tag, which identifies you as a defense professional on this website please contact with a visitors message me, or any other moderator, so we can confirm your credentials.

linkteam1C

Hi guys im glad to find this place to contribute whats all the topics all about.

Im an active military services for more then 18 years and still doing my duty as a military..

Now i based under the special team force but not rather to mention cos this is a confidential matter...Hope in this site we can still show our interest about to share whats our duty being serving our nation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Matty

Hello,

I'm Matty. I am currently running for NORFORCE Larrakeyah/51 FNQR as a Reservist in the Australian Army. I have a passion for all-things military so this place seems to be the right place to discuss just that.

Cheers.

xtm1(ss)

I served in the United States Navy from early 1964 until November of 1972 on four submarines (two WWII relics and two fleet ballistic missile submarines as a torpedoman. I was discharged as a TM1 (E-6). Also worked as an outside machinist (marine) and as a technical engineer (nuclear refueling) at the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard in Bremerton, WA.

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome guys. Read the rules and enjoy your stay.

If you want the blue name tag which identifies you as a defence professional on this site, please contact me or another moderator so we can verify your credentials.

ChuaHerSeng

Introduction

Hihi, My name is Chua Her Seng, 21,a chinese guy from Malaysia. Nice to meet all of you. I'm new here, and I have a question. Is it possible for a foreigner to join Australia Defense Force Academy? I need advise and opinion.

Regards,
Chua Her Seng

Balancer

Hello from Balancer

Hello everybody!!!

I am a 24 year old graduate of a foreign affairs department(School of international relations) of the State university in Saint-Petersburg, Russia.

Global defence/weapons/world politics - it is one of my hobbies. I used to only read threads of the forum, a week ago decided to participate in the forums' discussions too.:)

English is a foreign language for me , so pls excuse me for some mistakes which can be in my comments:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey. Welcome to defencetalk. Good to see another Russian on here. Looking forward to interesting discussions. Please read the rules and enjoy your stay.

OPSSG

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dear deltacamelately,

I've been asked by an India forum member some artillery related questions in this thread (post #27). I've done my best to comment but I would appreciate your review of the post and be glad to accept any corrections therein.

Many many thanks in advance.

OPSSG

Stylesm4

Hello, I'm a dual citizen (British Bangladeshi) living in the UK and I'm a 1st year student studying BA International Relations (with Mandarin, Japanese and Political Ideologies) at Nottingham Trent University. After university I believe I'm more likely to work in the defence industry either in intelligence or the MOD (Ministry of Defence).

My interest in the defence industry sprung from my interest in global affairs especially in conflict and strategic affairs. I decided to join national military forum (bdmilitary.com and an Iranian forum) but I wanted to look for one that is more global centric which is why I joined up here.

Last edited:

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Welcome to DefenceTalk folks and thank you for joining!

Please do share DefenceTalk with your friends and collegues. :)

Enjoy

blondfeet

Hello, I'm Will ex royal navy but still love everything military, I'm sad the way thing's are going with the british military at the moment, with fighting wars and not getting the funds required.

Tebuan

Welcome to DefenceTalk folks and thank you for joining!

Please do share DefenceTalk with your friends and collegues. :)

Enjoy
Hi I am not exactly new to this forum as I have been following it for last couple of years. I am a Singaporean, would just say that I am military aviation enthusiast. I am also a mechanical engineer by training and have relative good understanding of aircraft/systems-mostly self-read.
I also have a keen interest most military matters as a hobby and read widely on such subjects. Not an expert in anything specific as some of you posters, would just post occassionally. Hope those more well informed would indulge me in some questions that I may have!!
Cheers!!

jtbd556

Greetings

Just surfing this forum, I work for a PMC in the Business Development Side of the House, have done my fair share of field operations as a "Shooter" on PSD Convoys in Iraq.