The new members introduction thread.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Hi to All new members! Welcome to DefenceTalk - Please invite your friends as well.

Thanks and enjoy!

viper`in`style

salam all

salam guys

well this is Nouman from rawalpindi Pakistan.. am student of Nuclear politics and strategic stability i havent been here since last march.. any how will participate here...

INSAS

Hi All, I am a newbie defence enthusiast from India, living in california now. Hope to see ya'll in the forum and have a healthy discussion there. :cool:

TotsBoota

Hi Thought I'd get started with an introduction

I am brand new here. It appears to be a
great place!

I'm happy.

How random is this? I discovered this place
while I was searching for getty images! How uncanny is that?

I am planning to exchange my thoughts with this group

Cya Later

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to defencetalk. I encourage you to read our rules, and hope you enjoy your stay. If you have any questions feel free to leave a visitors message in my profile, or in the profile of other moderators.

Firepower!

Hello

Hello All,

I have been reading this forums for a long time. I used to get valuable information from this forum. It was also good reading about PAK military when I was in the US.

I am a firearms enthusiast and I do also have my own forum on the topic.. I enjoying exploring different firearms. I am most into small arms and they development. I like comparing the ballistics and other statistics on various calibers.

I look forward to learn a great deal from you all, and I hope that some of experts here visit our forum as well to give us valuable information.

Regards,
Firepower!

Last edited by a moderator:

dipesh

Hello everyone. Call me The British Charmer, or British Post. Could you believe I'm 16 and not only going to National Guard, but read the Art of War, is currently reading Roots of Strategy, and watches CNN!? I'm not your typical spoiled brat who stays on myspace all day, me youtube is 99% military. I hope to not only expand me knowledge but make lifelong friends here as well. Thank you for having such a great pleast to get accquainted at.

Hope to talk to you all soon...
hi british charmer..this is dipesh...from india.....

Nysindhi

What's up buddy don't worry i a am a Newbe To but only to this site so far this place is cool, its simple really. Admin Text Deleted. It might be an idea to read the rules before you post anymore. I am From the big apple NY hope to see what info you unlock on this site piece.

word of advice in a war all ways fight from your head and when that dont work fight form your heart.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joshwaisenguard

Australian defence force

Hey my name is josh, iif there is anyone out there from the asutraliam defence force or anyone who trains at kapooka can you please contact me, I want to join the army but I'm not completely sure what is required

Please email me at [email protected]

Amanuensis

G'day People

I have just joined this forum. As with many things in life, I wish I had discovered it years ago. From what I've read so far, we seem to have a very knowlegable membership.

Okay, me.. Keen military historian, writer, father of four, married for 30+ years. I work in the transport industry so understand the importance of logistics.

I'm 53 years of age and my interests include, writing (Novels, fiction, usually military based), playing the naval simulation 'Harpoon' , riding my motorbike (Kawasaki 1000) with my friends, and enjoying all that life has to offer.

I am sure there will be other 'Pooner's here as this military simulation is a 'must have' for serious naval war gamers. People like Larry Bond and Tom Clancy have used it to 'game out' military encounters in various novels. Its a very useful tool indeed. I am no stranger to forums and am both the owner and moderator of the Harpoon WW2 forum. I am also the creator of the 'Age of Steel' 1846-1945 database for the abovementioned simulation.

Here's the link if anyone is interested.

HarpoonHQWW2 : World War Two Database for H3 ANW

I'm currently writing a novel about a Australia V Indonesia conflict and while doing the research, stumbled onto this forum. Like many writers who have written a series of novels, I did not want my favourite character/s to fade away with the completion of the series. I had mentioned in this series the history of the main character (An Aussie Sergeant) and so, a natural progression was to do an un-related 'prequel', so to speak. It was while doing my homework for this story I stumbled in here. Well, this is my kind of forum so I joined up straight away.

I will take me a while to get through the posts here, although I will probably limit myself to the fairly current ones. There appears to be far too many threads to even consider trying to familarise myself with them all.

Looking forward to a long assosiation with the group.

Cheers and best wishes,

Mike Deegan

StevoJH

The Bunker Group
I'm not such a new member, but i've just realised that I don't think i've ever posted this thread. So here goes.

I'm a 21 year old University Student at the University of New England, Armidale, NSW. I'm doing a Bachelor of Science and should be finished at the end of this current semester.

Tyquniaum

Welcome to defencetalk. Read the rules, and play nice. Looking forward to reading your contributions.
Hi i am Tyquniaum from Australia.I am a new member.I like talking about military matters,goverment,cia,nsa,fbi ,aliens,ufos and goverment conspiricy theories.:)