Ideas, suggestions, etc. for Defence Talk?

a.rahman

I found about this site from whatever... (why cant I type the whole address? is it glitch in the code?!)
very nice forum u guyz got here.. keep it up.

Last edited by a moderator:

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thats good to hear Rahman. That domain ( a PDF and DT clone ) is banned here just like on many other websites

Welcome to DefenceTalk and please enjoy!

suntzu

i was looking for some information about tanks and used google search . after that i usualy hanged around and read alot of posts as non member . most of them were unbiased and stimulating. so i decided it is a good site for some good debates . Moreever i belong to indian controlled Kashmir which is one of potential flash points in world today it is better for world to know what a common kashmiri youth is thinking about world events .
i want to add this thing that i dont have much knowledge of contemprory
millatry but im avid reader of millatry history . hope to contribute something here

TrangleC

Just the same here. I googled pictures of the Black Eagle tank and was led to an article here.
I'm collecting pictures of military technology of all kinds, so i think it is a pity that the gallery doesn't allow to download the pictures there. I understand that you want to keep things to yourselves, but i also think that this way the gallery is something inert that is not of big use for people here. But maybe that is just me that loses interest in it because i can't download any of the pictures.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Thanks.

Of course, you can download pictures. Only right-click is not allowed but pictures are downloadable so are the videos (there are not alot of them though). Let's see if we can make it little easier for you? :)

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Usually, in internet explorer (windows XP) once you hover over the picture, it gives you option to save, email, print the pictures. Lets see if we can get rid of the anti-right click feature.

TrangleC

Ah, i see. I'm using Mozilla, so that might be the reason.
If you had a good reason to implement the anti right click feature, it would be asked a bit too much to lift it. But if there is no reason to keep it and if it isn't too much of an efford, it would be great if you would do so. Thanks.

Defcol

Verified Defense Pro
1. How did you found about Defence Talk?

One of my trusted friend- a great defense analyst was instrumental in getting me signed on this - I recall having seen this site before that thro' a search engine but was not tempted to sign up

2. Your first impression?

Discussions are rich and insightful besides being current
However, lacks the business perspective, which maybe rationalized since the site members seem to be from 'pure' defense than 'defense in biz'

3. Thoughts on promoting the site?

How about getting some Defense stalwarts writing a column or so discussing defense technologies or strategies etc

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
1. How did you found about Defence Talk?

One of my trusted friend- a great defense analyst was instrumental in getting me signed on this - I recall having seen this site before that thro' a search engine but was not tempted to sign up
Nice. A lot of people find Defence Talk through Search engine and from their friends. Just this month, there were over 860 new registers and of which 172 came from Yahoo!, over 516 from Google, 41 found out from their friends and over 30 got here from other sites. That is just great.

2. Your first impression?

Discussions are rich and insightful besides being current
However, lacks the business perspective, which maybe rationalized since the site members seem to be from 'pure' defense than 'defense in biz'
What do you mean by business perspective?

3. Thoughts on promoting the site?

How about getting some Defense stalwarts writing a column or so discussing defense technologies or strategies etc
I would love to see that happen and get some more defense professionals actively involved with the website. Writing a column would also be great even if it means paying them small fee for their contribution. :)

Thanks!

Defcol

Verified Defense Pro
[QUOTEWhat do you mean by business perspective?]

Well, I think for a technology to survive and importantly have advancements over it, it is imperative that there is a valid business-case for its adoption/uptake. Cynical as this may sound, sadly, we are living in business-centric funding atleast for the majority.

My spin is that aerospace & defense technologies, unlike in past, are increasingly being treated to business-decision making logic and perhaps even a short-term perspective.

So when we discuss state-of-art technologies or possibilities, it is imperative that we also have some discussion abt the biz since it would help delineate the tech-advancement roadmap.

Alex Lee

Appreciated

Gents! I Should Admit That This Site Meets The Requirements Of Those Who Are Professionals As Well As Those Who Are In "the World Of Militaria". My Compliments To The Team Doing That Nice Job And All Forum Society.
Kind Regards!

ahussains

very Nice TOOOO MEEEE

I found this place by using google.
It is a good place with people from the world.But the speed is slow.
And the number of people here is small.In china there is always 200-400 people online.

misterjhe

just say hii

i found this forum when i'm searching about MIG 31 Firefox in google search. it's so difficult to find it. but finally i found it, even only 1 pictures in test range. i hope with joining this forum i can find any other interesting results about anything in millitary world.