Ideas, suggestions, etc. for Defence Talk?

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Re: How did you found out about Defence Talk?

Guys, thanks for the feedback. It would only help to improve the site for everyone.

There have been a lot of South Asian visitors as well as posts even though 50% of our traffic is from USA and then UK, Europe and Australia/NewZealand and South Asian (india, pakistan) come way down the list. We've been trying hard to cut down on some of the idiotic posts that show up when India and Pakistan threads come up but I think, we've been able to control most of the garbage which isn't filtered out on many other forums.

But for past couple of months, we've seen surge of users from Canada, UK (europe) and Australia as well as China, which is always good and the more diversity the more it serves the purpose of this site which is to have a vibrant Global/International Defence community rather than for any specific country or region.

MilSpex, WELCOME to DefenceTalk and thanks for the lengthy feedback and intro.

Please enjoy!

dronzer

Banned Member

I got the info about this forum from one of my nearest friend "blackdronzer".
this site is prety cool.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member

You ARE blackdronzer and that nick was banned for flaming just recently.

dronzer

Banned Member

WebMaster said:
You ARE blackdronzer and that nick was banned for flaming just recently.
So you found out ,now are you going to kick me off from the forum or will you allow me to continue.If your kind ,please give me back my old name back.:)

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro

lol :D

Dronzer you expected him not to find out. Well according to understood rules you are now suppose to be banned for waaaay long period but thats in the hands of Webs. May be if you behave well he'll give you chance.

WAR

Actually, I was at Dubai to attend International Air Show along with two of my friends. After coming back, I was searching the news/ pictures and material related to the event. During the search I came accross about this forum. Got interested, thus joined.
Its too early for me to suggest improvements, as I havn't gone through all the stuff. Will let you know in due coarse of time.
But generally, the idea is good. You have the chance to know as to what people think in different parts of the world, about issues, causes and problems regarding what I think and say of; "Being and Becomming".

Guy Neave

Looking for details about RN Type 22 Frigates. Your site looked interesting, so now I browse with the best! As for improvements, let me ponder a little, scratch the beard and agitate the neurones a little!

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member

Thanks for joining and keep the suggestions coming. :)

LancerMc

I was looking for new information, on the JC-17 project and stumbled on the website. It been great so far, but I an earlier post I believe some are talking to much about India and Pakistan.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member

Thanks, Lancer. We have rather large number of south Asians and more come as they search for topics related to their countries on search engines. And to somewhat control that we occasionally lock pak/india threads to let things cool off before they even turn warm (one of the strategies to control flame wars and useless BS from posting). ;)

chinawhite

I found this site out when i got some e-mails or when i was searching pictures on the net. I found about it ages ago but i didn't like the disscussion on the threads or i nenver bothered looking at it.

Last edited by a moderator:

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member

Thanks Chinawhite, I thought you heard about it from SinoDefenceForum.com.

chinawhite

I found out about it when searching new J-10 pictures. In sinodefence there was a old version and a new version. the new version is connected to this site?

hesh

1. I found the site through a search engine

2. I've been really impressed with the members knowledge of defence.

Gollevainen

the corporal
Verified Defense Pro

I came pretty much in trough the kitchen door, as Im also from the sinodefenceforum orginally. When Dongfeng (that is the founder of the sinodefence) decided to marry his forum whit defence talk I imideatly register here to check ou this new site...Im only sorry that my obligations as moderator in sinodefence takes so much of my online time that i find litttle time to visit here...

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro

Gollevainen said:
I came pretty much in trough the kitchen door, as Im also from the sinodefenceforum orginally. When Dongfeng (that is the founder of the sinodefence) decided to marry his forum whit defence talk I imideatly register here to check ou this new site...Im only sorry that my obligations as moderator in sinodefence takes so much of my online time that i find litttle time to visit here...
Dong Feng runs a good site. I used to post there but gave up at one point as there were too many kids making silly comments - but he's done a good job at holding it together from the days when he started off with a gmail user group.

It is one of the better Chinese sites.

mysterious

Its been so long, heck I can't even remember! DT was still in its early days and I'm proud to be associated with it since that time.

When i try to find some info about the Tsunami that hit Aceh in google, i've got some link from this forum.
Keep the good job Web Master.

rookie

Question for webmaster ???

hey webmaster !!!

i have just registered on to this site. y dont i have the right to pm msg people ? how do i get in touch with specific people of whom i think i can get some info. regarding my queries.

now to answer ur questions:

- came across the site by searching on yahoo.
- think its a gr8 site with loads n tons of info.

not quite sure what to write for the third one, just being honest.

thanx

umair

Peace Enforcer

WebMaster said:
We've been trying hard to cut down on some of the idiotic posts that show up when India and Pakistan threads come up.
Please enjoy!
T'was difficult but not impossible. But as long as we have :nutkick on both sides;)