Ideas, suggestions, etc. for Defence Talk?

Kiwi1988

How did you found about Defence Talk? I was googling for Australian forums and this one popped up, cause I was in truth looking for forums to partner up with mine.

Your first impression? This looked interesting, very good data, I am impressed, but my judgement is not complete thats why I'm still having a look around.

Thoughts on promoting the site? Not a clue, but link with me lol. But your site huge compared to mine so you will not benefit from that. :rolleyes:

FutureTank

Banned Member
Challenge forum

I'd like to suggest creating another forum category of problem challenge.
The category would pose tactical, operational and strategic military problems, and seek solutions. It can be general, or include a particular system application. Participants would offer solutions, so the discussion would have a more application based discussion.

Cheers
Greg

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd like to suggest creating another forum category of problem challenge.
The category would pose tactical, operational and strategic military problems, and seek solutions. It can be general, or include a particular system application. Participants would offer solutions, so the discussion would have a more application based discussion.

Cheers
Greg
As far as I know, something on same lines is being worked up by one of the members and hopefully we will get to see it soon! :)

Thanks

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
You would probably see some new thread(s) in military strategy and tactics forum. :D

tiddles

First Post

I have only been reading Mil. Forums regularly for a year or so although I have had an intrest in the subjects for a long time, & got onto this site "googling" around somewhere.I found that this site at least had long threads & they dont disappear very quickly like some forums only to be resurected under another guise not long after.Also seemingly a number of members with some real knowledge of their subject helps [I am a bit of a mug myself] I belong to several other forums under the same title but am not smart enough to post very often although I am an avid reader.I have posted several links off this forum onto other forums which has helped the threads no end.Hoping to add somthing useful in due course. All the best to all other members.

reddoggun

Hi

Hieverybody. I'm a newbee here. hehe.
I know this web by google because i want to see Vietnam military profile (up to date one, not the one in 1975, lolz).

nurul_9901

Hello, i am reading these conversations for quite a long time. It is so nice to learn interesting articles from some intelligent analysis

Last edited by a moderator:

EnigmaNZ

I'm not sure where to put this so here it is. I was reading a thread about how long Taiwan could survive against a Chinese invasion, I found the thread interesting, but was disappointed to find it closed by a mod who is from mainland China. I would think this is a conflict of interest. The tone used by the mod also seemed to be over the top.

okay, this is what I can't stand. Clearly, there is no point having a thread like this. yet, people seem to state that and then continue to restate their old points. Since there is already several open threads on this, I have no choice but to shut down this thread unless otherwise requested.
I think the same problem would also occur with a Indian mod closing a Pakistani thread of similar subject matter, or vice versa. Like a lot of posters I prosume, I have not really mstered the search function, so wade through page after page to see if a topic has been previously posted. Now I just look back a couple of pages. If there is an open thread somewhere I would expect a mod to say "I am closing/merging this thread with another with similar content" fine. But not.."I am sick of threads like this.." Just my 2 cents worth.

Sana Amjad

preparation for entry test of PAF

Hello.this is sana amjad

i jst want to know the procedure need to be foolowed for the entry test

if can be helped out by any proffessional from pakistan that will be too gud

PAF is my passion :)

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Sana, thank you for joining defencetalk and welcome!

This is a wrong thread to ask that question. Also, you may get help faster at forums like www.pakdef.info and Pakistanidefenceforum.com.

You would think that this info would be available on PAF/Pak government websites. Please check there as well.

Scorpius, please don't refer users to DT clones as DT does not have any association or partnership with "pak defence" related websites. ;)

Thanks and enjoy!

levathan

Hi all, new here too. I'm thinking it would be good if there's a section dedicated to experiences in the armed forces. From what i read so far, lots of forumers here have served in the armed forces before so it would be interesting to compare our experiences across various countries.

Thanks, just my 2 cents worth.

bat69

To make the forum easy to get for a specific topic.. I m in the opinion the forum can be sub divide into region like Europe; Eastern or Western Europe, America; North or South America, Asia; South East; ASEAN ect ect... Just to make it much easier to reached the topic..
What do you think... :malaysia

chrismadi

Private

Intrested in everything that has to do with the Military. i searched for military pictures and just came into the site. So yeah, I'm very excited to join the Forum.

Yeah, thats all

chrismadi

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
To make the forum easy to get for a specific topic.. I m in the opinion the forum can be sub divide into region like Europe; Eastern or Western Europe, America; North or South America, Asia; South East; ASEAN ect ect... Just to make it much easier to reached the topic..
What do you think... :malaysia
Discussed it several times. It will leave some forums virtually empty as people would only prefer to visit areas of their interest. On the other hand keeping it in uncategorized keeps different forums visible to all the members & if they find it interesting they start to participate - developing newer interests for themselves.