The company received a contract extension for the next development phase of the Enhanced Night Vision Goggle (ENVG(D)), valued at $5.1 million.
The company will produce five of the ENVG(D) goggles, which digitally fuse visible, low-light, and infrared imagery, for limited user evaluation in fiscal year 2010.
The initial ENVG(D) evaluation, demonstrated the technology’s ability to provide visibility in bad weather, darkness, and other visibility-limiting conditions.
“The contract extension will further our ability to address the Army’s goal to increase mission effectiveness and survivability by enabling warfighters to see during periods of obscured visibility,” said Greg Davis, director of advanced systems for BAE Systems in Lexington, Massachusetts.
“The services have indicated a need for these goggles as they seek to improve situational awareness and generate digitized data that can be shared across the battlefield.”
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Juan Carlos / Canberra Class LHD
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Merkava for Singapore ?
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Ukranian Crisis
- Some newer stuff from me...so far
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- RussianLand Forces Thread
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- How truly capable is the United States Navy?
- US Navy News and updates
- Singapore Navy
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'