The Russian Navy will receive about 80 support ships within the next three years, the Defense Ministry said on Sunday.
The Navy High Command said different types and classes of support and auxiliary vessels will help enhance the effectiveness of the Navy’s performance in all areas of responsibility.
These will include tugboats, patrol boats, diving boats, modular search and rescue platforms, and floating cranes, the ministry said.
Russia is currently in the middle of a huge rearmament program, with $660 billion to be spent on arms procurement by 2020, according to the Defense Ministry.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Ukranian Crisis
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- RussianLand Forces Thread
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Some newer stuff from me...so far
- Juan Carlos / Canberra Class LHD
- Merkava for Singapore ?
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- How truly capable is the United States Navy?
- US Navy News and updates