The Russian Navy will receive about 80 support ships within the next three years, the Defense Ministry said on Sunday.
The Navy High Command said different types and classes of support and auxiliary vessels will help enhance the effectiveness of the Navy’s performance in all areas of responsibility.
These will include tugboats, patrol boats, diving boats, modular search and rescue platforms, and floating cranes, the ministry said.
Russia is currently in the middle of a huge rearmament program, with $660 billion to be spent on arms procurement by 2020, according to the Defense Ministry.
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:russian army, new warships of indian navy
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Singapore Navy
- F-35 - International Participation
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- US Navy News and updates
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- China invasion of Johnson Reef of Vietnam on March 14th 1988
- Ukranian Crisis
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- Republic of Singapore Air Force
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- Republic of Singapore Air Force Discussions
- Т-35A Up and Running
- Singapore Army Pictures
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- Body Armour