The Russian Navy will receive about 80 support ships within the next three years, the Defense Ministry said on Sunday.
The Navy High Command said different types and classes of support and auxiliary vessels will help enhance the effectiveness of the Navy’s performance in all areas of responsibility.
These will include tugboats, patrol boats, diving boats, modular search and rescue platforms, and floating cranes, the ministry said.
Russia is currently in the middle of a huge rearmament program, with $660 billion to be spent on arms procurement by 2020, according to the Defense Ministry.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- The Indonesian Army
- Ukranian Crisis
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- RussianLand Forces Thread
- F-35 - International Participation
- Battlefield communications in high radiation environments
- Opinions on military and strategy games
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Republic of Singapore Air Force
- UFO or secret fighter jet?
- Unidentified beeping sound
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Singapore Navy
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'