The Russian Navy will receive about 80 support ships within the next three years, the Defense Ministry said on Sunday.
The Navy High Command said different types and classes of support and auxiliary vessels will help enhance the effectiveness of the Navy’s performance in all areas of responsibility.
These will include tugboats, patrol boats, diving boats, modular search and rescue platforms, and floating cranes, the ministry said.
Russia is currently in the middle of a huge rearmament program, with $660 billion to be spent on arms procurement by 2020, according to the Defense Ministry.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Author Research - Exercises
- Compact Fusion Reactor
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Underwater UFO at Sweden
- VMFAT501 F35B , VAQ209 Growlers and Hornets!
- 149th FW Lone Star Gunfighters
- The Arsenal Ship Revisited. Again.
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Indonesian Aero News