The Russian Navy will receive about 80 support ships within the next three years, the Defense Ministry said on Sunday.
The Navy High Command said different types and classes of support and auxiliary vessels will help enhance the effectiveness of the Navy’s performance in all areas of responsibility.
These will include tugboats, patrol boats, diving boats, modular search and rescue platforms, and floating cranes, the ministry said.
Russia is currently in the middle of a huge rearmament program, with $660 billion to be spent on arms procurement by 2020, according to the Defense Ministry.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Ukranian Crisis
- Merkava for Singapore ?
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Republic of Singapore Air Force
- Juan Carlos / Canberra Class LHD
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- Fire-control protocol - the Buk-M1 air defense complex
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- South China Sea News & Discussions, incl Spratly Islands News
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- US Navy News and updates
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- The Indonesian Army
- Made in Singapore Equipment