The Russian Navy will receive about 80 support ships within the next three years, the Defense Ministry said on Sunday.
The Navy High Command said different types and classes of support and auxiliary vessels will help enhance the effectiveness of the Navy’s performance in all areas of responsibility.
These will include tugboats, patrol boats, diving boats, modular search and rescue platforms, and floating cranes, the ministry said.
Russia is currently in the middle of a huge rearmament program, with $660 billion to be spent on arms procurement by 2020, according to the Defense Ministry.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- S.Korea, Indonesia to develop 4.5 gen. fighter aircraft F-33
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Russia might make ICBM submersible
- South China Sea News & Discussions, incl Spratly Islands News
- Go Bag - contents and rationale
- Air Power Australia and Low-Observability
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Regional implications of PKK's truce with Turkey
- The Indonesian Army
- Philippines to Re-Focus on Territorial Defence in 2012
- NZDF General discussion thread
- Pakistan Air Force [PAF] News and Discussions
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates