The Russian Navy will receive about 80 support ships within the next three years, the Defense Ministry said on Sunday.
The Navy High Command said different types and classes of support and auxiliary vessels will help enhance the effectiveness of the Navy’s performance in all areas of responsibility.
These will include tugboats, patrol boats, diving boats, modular search and rescue platforms, and floating cranes, the ministry said.
Russia is currently in the middle of a huge rearmament program, with $660 billion to be spent on arms procurement by 2020, according to the Defense Ministry.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- space based LBI systems
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- NZDF General discussion thread
- Iran Nuclear Ambitions
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Singapore Army Pictures
- Stealth Aircraft Operation
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- Stealthiest yet : RQ-180 Revealed
- Mexico nuke scare
- Chinese 'air defence identification zone' in East China Sea
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates