“By the end of the year, up to 50 of the latest Mi-8 models will operate, and by 2020 the air force plans to have more than 400 new Mi-8s,” he said.
The latest modernized Mi-8AMTSh and Mi-8MTV5-1 helicopters will appear at the “Common Sky” air force centenary celebration, which will be held on August 12 at Zhukovsky southeast of Moscow.
The Mi-8 is the most numerous helicopter in the air force, and has been produced in greater numbers than any helicopter in history.
“In just 50 years, the Defense Ministry has introduced more than 30 different modifications, including assault transport, radar jamming, command post, communications and search and rescue roles,” he said.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- Т-35A Up and Running
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Ukranian Crisis
- Singapore Navy
- F-35 - International Participation
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- US Navy News and updates
- China invasion of Johnson Reef of Vietnam on March 14th 1988
- Republic of Singapore Air Force
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- Republic of Singapore Air Force Discussions
- Singapore Army Pictures
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion