“By the end of the year, up to 50 of the latest Mi-8 models will operate, and by 2020 the air force plans to have more than 400 new Mi-8s,” he said.
The latest modernized Mi-8AMTSh and Mi-8MTV5-1 helicopters will appear at the “Common Sky” air force centenary celebration, which will be held on August 12 at Zhukovsky southeast of Moscow.
The Mi-8 is the most numerous helicopter in the air force, and has been produced in greater numbers than any helicopter in history.
“In just 50 years, the Defense Ministry has introduced more than 30 different modifications, including assault transport, radar jamming, command post, communications and search and rescue roles,” he said.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Ukranian Crisis
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- RMAF Future; need opinions
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- Assad's strategic options
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- UAV for Meteorological duty.
- US Navy News and updates
- World Air force directory
- Juan Carlos / Canberra Class LHD
- [ List of "Active" Military Aircraft ] All Nations
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates