The Sukhoi aircraft maker delivered on Friday the first six Su-35S fighter jets to the Russian Air Force, the company said.
The acceptance documents were signed by Defense Ministry officials at the Komsomolsk-on-Amur aircraft manufacturing plant in Russia’s Far East.
“The Sukhoi holding has fulfilled its obligations on the delivery of this type of aircraft under the 2012 state defense order,” the company said in a statement.
“The fighter jets will fly to their designated home base in the near future,” the statement said.
The Su-35, powered by two 117S engines with thrust vectoring, combines high maneuverability and the capability to effectively engage several air targets simultaneously using both guided and unguided missiles and weapon systems.
The aircraft has been touted as “4++ generation using fifth-generation technology.”
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Indonesian Aero News
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- NZDF General discussion thread
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Naval Version of MLRS
- Singapore Army Pictures
- The Indonesian Army
- Assad's strategic options
- ASEAN (and ADMM Plus) Military Exercises
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates