The acceptance documents were signed by Defense Ministry officials at the Komsomolsk-on-Amur aircraft manufacturing plant in Russia’s Far East.
“The Sukhoi holding has fulfilled its obligations on the delivery of this type of aircraft under the 2012 state defense order,” the company said in a statement.
“The fighter jets will fly to their designated home base in the near future,” the statement said.
The Su-35, powered by two 117S engines with thrust vectoring, combines high maneuverability and the capability to effectively engage several air targets simultaneously using both guided and unguided missiles and weapon systems.
The aircraft has been touted as “4++ generation using fifth-generation technology.”
The Russian Defense Ministry is planning to buy about 90 Su-35s, which will gradually become the core of Russia’s fighter jet fleet.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Ukranian Crisis
- US Navy News and updates
- New escalation in Iranian nuclear issue?
- Does anybody know these vehicles
- Saudi Arabia where to next?
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Russia's Arctic Expansion
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Indonesian Aero News
- 2 helicopters rescue yacht crew in NC
- Indian Military Aviation; News, Updates & Discussions
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Self-defense options and needs from around the world