An Israeli television documentary says Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defense Minister Ehud Barak were rebuffed by the military when they ordered it in 2010 to prepare for an attack on Iran’s nuclear facilities.
It would have raised the military’s alert status to a level where it must be ready to take action.
The report said Ashkenazi cautioned that just giving the order to raise the alert status could cause events to spiral out of control.
It says the now-retired Dagan accused Netanyahu and Barak in 2010 of trying to launch a war illegally without cabinet approval.
Barak and Netanyahu recently signaled that an attack on Iran is not imminent.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Ukranian Crisis
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- Juan Carlos / Canberra Class LHD
- Fire-control protocol - the Buk-M1 air defense complex
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Merkava for Singapore ?
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- South China Sea News & Discussions, incl Spratly Islands News
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- US Navy News and updates
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- The Indonesian Army
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Made in Singapore Equipment
- Help identifying an NASA plane from 1966