An Israeli television documentary says Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defense Minister Ehud Barak were rebuffed by the military when they ordered it in 2010 to prepare for an attack on Iran’s nuclear facilities.
It would have raised the military’s alert status to a level where it must be ready to take action.
The report said Ashkenazi cautioned that just giving the order to raise the alert status could cause events to spiral out of control.
It says the now-retired Dagan accused Netanyahu and Barak in 2010 of trying to launch a war illegally without cabinet approval.
Barak and Netanyahu recently signaled that an attack on Iran is not imminent.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- F-35 - International Participation
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Philippine Navy @ Janes Fighting Ships 2014-2015
- US Navy News and updates
- Indian Navy contemplating CVN. Folly or Vision?
- Ukranian Crisis
- Russia's Arctic Expansion
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates