An Israeli television documentary says Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defense Minister Ehud Barak were rebuffed by the military when they ordered it in 2010 to prepare for an attack on Iran’s nuclear facilities.
It would have raised the military’s alert status to a level where it must be ready to take action.
The report said Ashkenazi cautioned that just giving the order to raise the alert status could cause events to spiral out of control.
It says the now-retired Dagan accused Netanyahu and Barak in 2010 of trying to launch a war illegally without cabinet approval.
Barak and Netanyahu recently signaled that an attack on Iran is not imminent.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Т-35A Up and Running
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Ukranian Crisis
- Singapore Navy
- F-35 - International Participation
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- US Navy News and updates
- China invasion of Johnson Reef of Vietnam on March 14th 1988
- Republic of Singapore Air Force
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- Republic of Singapore Air Force Discussions
- Singapore Army Pictures
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion