Raytheon Company has completed the first major delivery of materials under the UAE contract.
Three test missile assets were delivered to the U.S. Government to conduct United Nations testing that supports the final hazard classification for the new production run of GEM-T missiles.
“This is a significant milestone for the UAE Patriot program,” said Sanjay Kapoor, vice president for Patriot Programs at Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems (IDS). “Our focus on new-build systems and technology refreshes has led to the modernization of Patriot and reinforced its standing as the premier air and missile defense system of choice.”
Raytheon Company, with 2010 sales of $25 billion, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With headquarters in Waltham, Mass., Raytheon employs 72,000 people worldwide.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Brazilian Air Force News and Discussion
- NZDF General discussion thread
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)
- Future of the French/Russian Mistral LHDs
- F-35 - International Participation
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Flanker Export Thread
- North Korean Military.
- Underwater UFO at Sweden
- Iran Inaugurates Production Line of HAFEZ Radar System
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates