The launch, the site of which was not disclosed, was made from a mobile launcher according to media reports.
Babur, which has a range of 700 km (420 miles) can hit precision targets and employs stealth technology according to local media reports. The weapon was inducted into the Pakistani arsenal in 2010 and has only been tested a handful of times since then, according to defpro.com defense website.
Pakistan’s air force tested its air-launched Ra’ad (Hatf 8) missile on May 31. Pakistan’s strategic cruise missile arsenal will consist entirely of Babur and Ra’ad missiles in the near future.
Related Topic Tags
- Babur Missile, cruise missile, Cruise Missiles, missile test, nuclear missile, pakistan, Pakistan missiles
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- US Navy News and updates
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- F-35 - International Participation
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- UFO or secret fighter jet?
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Ukranian Crisis
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Armored Vehicle Recognition Guide
- Australian Defense Forces Recruiting Foreign Military Personnel
- Land 400
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- Republic of Singapore Air Force
- Question from Military Fiction Author on bridge destruction