The launch, the site of which was not disclosed, was made from a mobile launcher according to media reports.
Babur, which has a range of 700 km (420 miles) can hit precision targets and employs stealth technology according to local media reports. The weapon was inducted into the Pakistani arsenal in 2010 and has only been tested a handful of times since then, according to defpro.com defense website.
Pakistan’s air force tested its air-launched Ra’ad (Hatf 8) missile on May 31. Pakistan’s strategic cruise missile arsenal will consist entirely of Babur and Ra’ad missiles in the near future.
Related Topic Tags
- Babur Missile, cruise missile, Cruise Missiles, missile test, nuclear missile, pakistan, Pakistan missiles
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- US Navy News and updates
- Ukranian Crisis
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Indonesian Aero News
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Gaza/Israel clashes thread
- F-35 - International Participation
- Merkava for Singapore ?
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Republic of Singapore Air Force