The launch, the site of which was not disclosed, was made from a mobile launcher according to media reports.
Babur, which has a range of 700 km (420 miles) can hit precision targets and employs stealth technology according to local media reports. The weapon was inducted into the Pakistani arsenal in 2010 and has only been tested a handful of times since then, according to defpro.com defense website.
Pakistan’s air force tested its air-launched Ra’ad (Hatf 8) missile on May 31. Pakistan’s strategic cruise missile arsenal will consist entirely of Babur and Ra’ad missiles in the near future.
Related Topic Tags
- Babur Missile, cruise missile, Cruise Missiles, missile test, nuclear missile, pakistan, Pakistan missiles
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Brazilian Air Force News and Discussion
- NZDF General discussion thread
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)
- Future of the French/Russian Mistral LHDs
- F-35 - International Participation
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Flanker Export Thread
- North Korean Military.
- Underwater UFO at Sweden
- Iran Inaugurates Production Line of HAFEZ Radar System
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates