The launch, the site of which was not disclosed, was made from a mobile launcher according to media reports.
Babur, which has a range of 700 km (420 miles) can hit precision targets and employs stealth technology according to local media reports. The weapon was inducted into the Pakistani arsenal in 2010 and has only been tested a handful of times since then, according to defpro.com defense website.
Pakistan’s air force tested its air-launched Ra’ad (Hatf 8) missile on May 31. Pakistan’s strategic cruise missile arsenal will consist entirely of Babur and Ra’ad missiles in the near future.
Related Topic Tags
- Babur Missile, cruise missile, Cruise Missiles, missile test, nuclear missile, pakistan, Pakistan missiles
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Your kettle may be spying on you.
- British Army News and Discussion
- NZDF General discussion thread
- Kapooka Pics
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Chinese 'air defence identification zone' in East China Sea
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- Stealthiest yet : RQ-180 Revealed
- space based LBI systems
- Iran Nuclear Ambitions
- Singapore Army Pictures
- Stealth Aircraft Operation