After one year of industry funding, the Eurofighter and Euroradar consortia have received renewed strong support from the Partner Nations and have agreed to continue the full scale development programme of the next generation E-Scan radar, confirming the 2015 entry into service date.
Supported by the Eurofighter partner nations: the United Kingdom, Italy, Germany and Spain, Eurofighter GmbH and Euroradar began full scale development of the new CAPTOR-E radar in July 2010.
The new radar will have AESA capability that far exceeds any other radar available today and in the foreseeable future and will be developed to satisfy the requirements of the Partner Nations and customers across the globe.
The new radar will retain the key features of the existing market leading Captor-M radar in order to exploit the maturity of the current system, using latest generation technology to provide further advanced performance. The Typhoon’s AESA radar will offer a variety of benefits over M-Scan, including increased detection and tracking ranges, advanced air-to-surface capability and enhanced electronic protection measures.
The new AESA array, larger than the ones available to our competitors thanks to the Typhoon’s voluminous radome, will be fitted on a repositioner that will provide a wider field of regard when compared to those installed or scheduled for introduction on other fighters.
The new radar will offer customers the freedom to retrofit their existing Typhoons when required. The radar will have significant growth potential and both existing and new customers will be able to participate in tailoring the radar to meet their individual operational requirements.
The new AESA Radar is part of the platform and systems enhancement ongoing with Eurofighter to ensure Typhoon leads the way as the world’s best new generation multi-role combat aircraft.’
Related Topic Tags
- AESA, air show, Captor-E, E-Scan, E-Scan Radar, eurofighter, Fighter Aircraft, paris air show, radar
Keywords:E-SCAN RADAR, e scan radar, escan radar, captor radar, typhoon escan
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Ukranian Crisis
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- APC BTR -80 Overhauling /servicing WORKSHOP
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- US Navy News and updates
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- Republic of Singapore Air Force
- Т-35A Up and Running
- Singapore Navy
- F-35 - International Participation
- China invasion of Johnson Reef of Vietnam on March 14th 1988
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- Republic of Singapore Air Force Discussions