Today the Sukhoi Company has transferred to the Russian Air Force the first batch of serial Su-34 front-line bombers under the 2014 State Defense Order. The aircraft took off the airfield of the Novosibirsk aircraft plant and headed to the place of their deployment.
The new bombers were delivered according to the 2012 State Contract for a large batch of Su-34s. The 5-year State Contract for Su-34s signed in 2008 was fulfilled last December.
The large government contracts for Su-34s were signed with the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation in 2008 and 2012. Those are the largest orders for combat aircraft under the State Armaments Program for the years 2011-2020.
Their fulfillment guarantees a stable work load of the Sukhoi Company and its partner-companies in the long run. The Su-34 aircraft currently in service with the Air Force demonstrate high performance.
The features of the new generation frontline bomber include, in particular, an increased up to 4000 km flight range, a maximum speed of up to 1900 km/h, 8 tons payload. The Su-34 has a new weapon system and an air refueling system.
Sukhoi is a United Aircraft Corporation (UAC) subsidiary.
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:batch of Sukhoi
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- How truly capable is the United States Navy?
- US Navy News and updates
- Singapore Navy
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Ukranian Crisis
- Merkava for Singapore ?
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- NZDF General discussion thread
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Royal Navy Carrier Battle Group composition
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates