Details of General Sir Peter Wall’s letter have been revealed in the Telegraph today.
In the letter General Sir Peter Wall spells out the impact of some of the cuts announced by the Defence Secretary Liam Fox last week.
He states the additional cuts will take the Army down to around 90,000 by 2015, and 82,000 regulars five years later.
General Wall warns it would mean the removal of battalions and regiments, though it would be offset by “welcome proposals” to enhance the Territorial Army.
General Wall also says that although some programmes are going through, there will have to be “reductions elsewhere”.
The MOD says they will move gradually towards the new Army structure so operations are not adversely affected. It insists “nobody preparing for or deployed on operations would be made redundant unless they volunteer”
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- The Indonesian Army
- Ukranian Crisis
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Made in Singapore Equipment
- Fire-control protocol - the Buk-M1 air defense complex
- Merkava for Singapore ?
- Help identifying an NASA plane from 1966
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- US Navy News and updates