The initial Foreign Military Sale (FMS) includes procurement of the weapons as well as logistics and engineering support for integration on the Jordanian CN-235 gunship.
“We look forward to delivering this combat-proven weapon system to the Jordanian Armed Forces,” said Capt. Al Mousseau, Direct and Time Sensitive Strike program manager (PMA-242) at Patuxent River. “International sales offer the opportunity to enhance combat capability for partner nations and are an effective means to support the U.S. industrial base.”
APKWS modifies unguided 2.75-inch rockets with a semi-active laser guidance section to transform the rockets currently used in the Jordanian fleet into low-cost, precision guided munitions.
Currently employed from U.S. Navy MH-60 Seahawk and Marine Corps UH/AH-1 Light Attack helicopters, APKWS has been successfully demonstrated from a variety of fixed wing platforms capable of firing the weapon in comparable flight regimes.
The Navy and industry partner BAE Systems plan to deliver APKWS to the Jordanian Kingdom in 2016.
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:www Russian advanve wapons
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Indian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Indian Army News and Discussion
- RussianLand Forces Thread
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Ukranian Crisis
- PC GAMES (Defence/Military, Strategy)
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Compact Fusion Reactor
- Brazilian Air Force News and Discussion
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Indonesian Aero News
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Future of the French/Russian Mistral LHDs