The Magic Wand mid-range anti-missile system could be operational in the next few years
The Magic Wand mid-range anti-missile system will soon undergo a full test and could become operational within the next few years, Pini Yungman of Rafael Advanced Defense Systems said at the 2011 Military and Aviation Conference on Tuesday (May 31).
The Magic Wand system “successfully deals with threats that no other system in the world is capable of neutralizing,” Yungman said.
The Magic Wand system will operate in conjunction with other anti-missile systems, including the Iron Dome, Arrow and Patriot systems.
The Magic Wand has the capability to cope with both ground and air-based threats, including aircraft.
“The state of Israel cannot afford to be attacked by enemy aircraft, and the Magic Wand will provide it the exact protection needed to deal with this,” Yungman said.
Yungman said that operational tests run on the Magic Wand system in recent months have proven its quality and effectiveness.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- NZDF General discussion thread
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- Indonesian Aero News
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- ADF General discussion thread
- Singapore Army Pictures
- "Across the Beach"- AAVs for the Australian Army ?
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- US Navy News and updates