The medium Range missile AGNI-1 (A1) was successfully test fired from Launch Complex – IV (LC-IV), Wheelers Island off the coast of Bay of Bengal today. The launch took place at 10:20 hrs and the missile followed the trajectory in a copy-book style and reached the designated target in Bay of Bengal.
Radars, telemetry and electro-optical systems along the coast tracked and monitored all the health parameters. Ships located near the target area witnessed the terminal event.
The launch of the A1 missile was carried out by the Strategic Force Command (SFC) as part of the user exercise. The launch operations were overseen by Shri J Chattopadhyay, the Project Director and DRDO Scientists.
The Launch was witnessed by Scientific Adviser to Raksha Mantri Dr VK Saraswat, Programme Director Shri Avinash Chander, Director ITR, Shri SP Dash and other top DRDO Scientists. SA to RM Dr Saraswat congratulated all the DRDO Scientists and Armed Forces for the successful flight of A1.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Indian Military Aviation; News, Updates & Discussions
- NZDF General discussion thread
- Chinese 'air defence identification zone' in East China Sea
- North Korean Military.
- Singapore Army Pictures
- Principles of Strategy and Tactics
- F-18 Advanced Hornet
- Stealthiest yet : RQ-180 Revealed
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- F-35 - International Participation
- Your kettle may be spying on you.
- Kapooka Pics
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Potential of international arbitration to change Timor Sea Treaty