The Integrated Training Center (ITC) here completed its 500th combined sortie for both the F-35A conventional takeoff and landing (CTOL) and F-35B short takeoff and vertical landing (STOVL) aircraft Friday.
Flight operations for the F-35 began on the Emerald Coast March 6. There are currently 22 F-35s at Eglin as the fleet continues to grow supporting the team as it trains instructor pilots and maintainers. The team accomplished the 500 sorties in 238 days cutting the time between each milestone sortie:
- 100th sortie – July 12 – accomplished in 123 days
- 200th sortie – Aug. 24 – accomplished in 44 days
- 300th sortie – Sept. 21 – accomplished in 28 days
- 400th sortie – Oct. 16 – accomplished in 25 days
- 500th sortie – Nov. 2 – accomplished in 16 days
Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs about 120,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. The corporation’s net sales for 2011 were $46.5 billion.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Singapore Army Pictures
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Principles of Strategy and Tactics
- F-18 Advanced Hornet
- Stealthiest yet : RQ-180 Revealed
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- F-35 - International Participation
- Your kettle may be spying on you.
- NZDF General discussion thread
- North Korean Military.
- Kapooka Pics
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Potential of international arbitration to change Timor Sea Treaty
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Stealth Aircraft Operation