Terma has delivered solutions for the Danish Navy’s new fleet of frigates that are now preparing for operation.
Denmark’s three new frigates in the IVER HUITFELDT class, Iver Huitfeldt (F361), Peter Willemoes (F362), and Niels Juel (F363) have cruised together for the first time out of Denmark’s coast.
Terma has delivered a number of mission-critical solutions for the Danish frigates, including the SCANTER 6000 radar. SCANTER 6000 ensures small target detection, surface surveillance and low airspace monitoring in all weather conditions.
Terma has also supplied the advanced C-Flex command and control system for the frigates. C-Flex provides the operator with full Situational Awareness (SA) and platform Control based on platform sensors, effectors and data links.
Furthermore, C-Flex integrates a number of the frigates’ defense systems, including the advanced AAW (Anti Air Warfare) air defense system and the decoy self-protection system SKWS (Soft Kill Weapon System), also supplied by Terma.
The frigates are expected to be the core of the Danish Navy’s operational capabilities for the next 30-40 years.
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:new danish frigates
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- French Armée de l'Air News & Discussion
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Brazilian Air Force News and Discussion
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Juan Carlos / Canberra Class LHD
- Arms Race in Space
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Possible Singaporean Aircraft Carrier
- Ukranian Crisis
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates