Cisco (CSCO) and Thales, a global technology leader with a unique capability to provide equipment, systems solutions and services that meet the most complex security requirements for defense and security, aerospace and transportation markets, today announced a new partnership to address the global defense and security market.
The new agreement will combine Thales’ global industry expertise with Cisco networking and communications innovations, expand the collaboration globally and accelerate joint go-to-market activities and solution development. The expanded collaboration is built on a long-standing relationship between the two companies in the European market.
The Cisco-Thales collaboration will encompass a number of strategic initiatives, including:
- Development of Thales solutions based on a range of Cisco technologies
- Jointly addressing key defense and security market opportunities such as mobile routing or broadband evolution of radio networks
- Joint go-to-market activities, closely coordinated at both global and country level
- Cisco will provide Thales with an extensive range of standard networking equipment and infrastructure, complemented by industry leading networking design and engineering expertise from Cisco Services.
- Cisco will also utilize its rigorous sales and technology training programs, such as Cisco Sales Expert and Cisco Vertical Solutions Architect, to enable Thales global sales and engineering teams.
- Thales will become a Cisco Global Specialty Integrator, allowing Thales to embed Cisco technologies into its own systems and solutions in all geographies, where a strong resilience and high quality of networking services is required.
- The designation will also enable Thales to partner directly with Cisco globally and resell select networking technology and collaborate in the development of new solutions.
Jean-Michel Lagarde, senior vice president in charge of Systems Activities, Thales Communications & Security, commented:
“This will be a hugely valuable long-term collaboration for both businesses. Combining Thales’ specialist industry expertise and advance integration capabilities with Cisco’s world-leading networking knowledge and technology will allow us to develop and deliver genuinely innovative security solutions to our customers worldwide.”
Chris Dedicoat, president, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Russia, Cisco, commented:
“Cisco and Thales share a common belief in the importance of the network in driving innovation and delivering business value within the defense sector. By working closely together, both companies will be better placed to address existing opportunities within the industry and create the new solutions that will help deliver competitive advantage and drive new market opportunities across the defense, security and aerospace industries.”
Thales is a global technology leader for the Defence & Security and the Aerospace & Transport markets. In 2011, the company generated revenues of EUR 13 billion with 67,000 employees in 56 countries.
Cisco (CSCO) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate.
Related Topic Tags
- aerospace, cisco, Defense, defense industry, Defense Technology News, market, security, security market, thales
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Indonesian Aero News
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Ukranian Crisis
- US Navy News and updates
- Gaza/Israel clashes thread
- F-35 - International Participation
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Merkava for Singapore ?
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Republic of Singapore Air Force
- Juan Carlos / Canberra Class LHD
- Fire-control protocol - the Buk-M1 air defense complex