Photos of the Chengdu J-20 “Black Eagle” – a fifth generation stealth, twin-engine fighter aircraft prototype developed by Chengdu Aircraft Industry Group for the Chinese People’s Liberation Army Air Force. China’s radar evading stealth fighter made its first-known test flight Tuesday, January 11th, 2011.
Chinese aviation experts say they have been snapping pictures of the aircraft since it took to taxi tests ahead of its first flight test in the coming weeks.
The photos show the J-20 with a canard-delta twin-engine configuration, diverter-less supersonic intakes and a shaped nose that is consistent with the use of active electronically scanned array radar… click on thumbnails below for full size pictures.
The J-20 Picture gallery below also has photos from stealth aircraft’s first test flight.
Expert Discussions on J-20 Fighter Jet in our Forums
And at SinoDefenceForum.com (China Defense Forum)
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:Chengdu J-20 Fighter, chengdu j-20 pictures, chengdu j20 photos, Chinas J-20 photos, Chinese Military Aircraft Pictures
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Possible Singaporean Aircraft Carrier
- Future of the French/Russian Mistral LHDs
- F-35 - International Participation
- Juan Carlos / Canberra Class LHD
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- French Armée de l'Air News & Discussion
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- RussianLand Forces Thread
- NZDF General discussion thread
- Indonesian Aero News
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)