Photos of the Chengdu J-20 “Black Eagle” – a fifth generation stealth, twin-engine fighter aircraft prototype developed by Chengdu Aircraft Industry Group for the Chinese People’s Liberation Army Air Force. China’s radar evading stealth fighter made its first-known test flight Tuesday, January 11th, 2011.
Chinese aviation experts say they have been snapping pictures of the aircraft since it took to taxi tests ahead of its first flight test in the coming weeks.
The photos show the J-20 with a canard-delta twin-engine configuration, diverter-less supersonic intakes and a shaped nose that is consistent with the use of active electronically scanned array radar… click on thumbnails below for full size pictures.
The J-20 Picture gallery below also has photos from stealth aircraft’s first test flight.
Expert Discussions on J-20 Fighter Jet in our Forums
And at SinoDefenceForum.com (China Defense Forum)
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Ukranian Crisis
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- New escalation in Iranian nuclear issue?
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- What will happen to the old military equipment when replacedBy new advanced equipment
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- small arms ammunition factories
- Indian Navy Discussions and Updates