Pakistan Air Force [PAF] News and Discussions

P.A.F

http://www.zeenews.com/links/articles.asp?aid=216441&sid=SAS

Islamabad, May 10: Pakistan Air Force (PAF) has said that it would start manufacturing parts for us-based aircraft giant Boeing from next month which would enable it to formally join the club of aviation parts makers.

Air Marshal Aurengzeb, Chief of Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC), Kamra, which was poised to manufacture JF-17 fighter developed jointly by Pakistan and China, told the media yesterday that Boeing aircraft co has set up a parts manufacturing unit in PAC.

PAC is the manufacturing unit of the PAF.

"At this factory through Boeing offset programme, we shall be manufacturing aviation parts for Boeing 747, 767 and 777 aircraft," the official news agency quoted Aurengzeb as saying.

"Around 20 parts of Boeing aircraft would be manufactured here for the Boeing company which has set up parts manufacturing plant as part of the agreement for supply of 777 aircraft to Pakistan International Airlines (PIA)," said another senior officer of PAC during a visit to the under-installation plant unit, the news agency reported.

He said parts of Boeing would be manufactured here and sent to the company for their onward sale and supply.

The technicians of Boeing are working on the installation of the plant which would be completed by end this month and would start production from next month, the official said.

A couple of years back PIA had placed orders for supply of eight 777 series aircraft. Some of these aircraft are included in PIA's fleet while the rest would be inducted in the days ahead.

Bureau Report

Great stuff:coffee

highsea

Re: PAF to manufacture parts for Boeing

kashifshahzad said:
What would Pakistan is going to get in return :(
Didn't you read the article? Pakistan gets contracts for manufacture of Boeing parts for 747, 767, and 777 commercial airliners, and a manufacturing facility. What's the problem? You don't like the idea of Pakistan manufacturing aircraft parts, or the new jobs that it creates? :confused:

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro

Looks like Boeing payed back....I dont know if any of you knows this...originaly PM (than FM) Shukat Aziz had planned for 6 AirBus A-340 aircrafts but some how the plan got changed with in a night & Musharaf went into favor of Boeings & number went upto 8. According to opposition members there has been some sort of a game in the deal. When PAF bought Boeings they came cheaper than usual prince which again alerted opposition more & than one day on of the boeing 777 caught fire by an electric short circut at Manchaster or some where in England.

I am not shoced that Boeing is giving away parts production after that. The whole deal was a screw up & this deal is to make upto it.

Anyways why has been this posted here? I mean this is not military news. We are not going to produce parts for F-18 or F-15 & the X-32 got the boot so we definitly are not going to produce its part.
If in future boeing & US agree on part production of the Fighter jets boeing produces than yes its importent.

Only importence I see now is PAC techs getting world class training on equipment manufacturing which may help in future fighter jet production but that depends on what we produce.
On the other hand economicaly its going to be big boost.

adsH

SABRE said:
Anyways why has been this posted here? I mean this is not military news. We are not going to produce parts for F-18 or F-15 & the X-32 got the boot so we definitly are not going to produce its part.
If in future boeing & US agree on part production of the Fighter jets boeing produces than yes its importent.

Only importence I see now is PAC techs getting world class training on equipment manufacturing which may help in future fighter jet production but that depends on what we produce.
On the other hand economicaly its going to be big boost.

The Problem was with PIA's Maintenance regime.

the News is here in this section. because the Parts facility is part of the PAF's PAC Facilities.

PAC Karma is ISO-9002 certified. For a Military facility thats good. This is the facility that kept those Vipers active during the 10 year Spare's Drought!!

The Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) encompasses four Factories: F-6 Rebuild Factory, Mirage Rebuild Factory, Aircraft Manufacturing Factory and Kamra Avionics and Radar Factory. All the factories of PAC Kamra are ISO-9002 certified including the factories manufacturing drones, Griffo M-7 Radar, and electronic equipment
http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/world/pakistan/kamra.htm
This is not all about Providing Jobs this about Boeing utilizing Cheap labour that is Quality Assured!!! the agreement is designed for mutual benefits

And really whats this Kahif's Guys deal can you not Read the article, its pritty much self explanatory.

kashifshahzad

Banned Member

highsea said:
Didn't you read the article? Pakistan gets contracts for manufacture of Boeing parts for 747, 767, and 777 commercial airliners, and a manufacturing facility. What's the problem? You don't like the idea of Pakistan manufacturing aircraft parts, or the new jobs that it creates? :confused:
Dear it will only generate jobs and Pakistan would start manufacturing parts for us-based aircraft giant Boeing from next month which would enable it to formally join the club of aviation parts makers. Think Pakistan is Making JF-17 thunder for its own use and the China will also use this planes caz both are the partner we have the right to export when the number of planes will excede from our needs and then we can earn Foreign Exchange In this manner we are also aquiring the status of AC making country there are much more benifits in this or in that Lol !!! :(

srirangan

Banned Member

Looks like Boeing payed back....I dont know if any of you knows this...originaly PM (than FM) Shukat Aziz had planned for 6 AirBus A-340 aircrafts but some how the plan got changed with in a night & Musharaf went into favor of Boeings & number went upto 8.
Just the continuation of the Boeing-Airbus saga. Both use politicians and both cry foul about the other doing so. And recently Airbus turned into whiners wrt the A-I $^ billion order.

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
Pakistan Airforce News and Discussions

Due to the increase number of thread related to airforces in South Asia in the last few weeks, we have decided to open a general thread for these kind of topics to be stored. From this point on please post all the news or opinions on PAF within this thread. Any news being posted outside of this thread will be deleted without notice.

Last edited by a moderator:

rafale_2k5

Re: Pakistan Airforce News and Discussions

http://www.f-16.net/f-16_news_article1365.html

Pakistan to order at least 55 Block 52 F-16s

Thursday, May 12, 2005 - Pakistan has increased its requirement on the number of F-16s to at least 55 and plans to decide on a configuration within the next few weeks. Industry sources say government-to-government meetings held in Pakistan last month resulted in a letter of request for 55 F-16s, plus 20 options.

This is in line with the 71 additional F-16A/Bs Pakistan ordered before an arms embargo was imposed by the USA in 1990, but well above the 24-36 Lockheed was initially expecting.

Another meeting is planned for later this month in the USA with the addition of representatives from Lockheed. This meeting should result in a decision on a configuration, most likely Block 50/52 aircraft, and a letter of agreement.

The US government will then be able to notify Congress of the proposed deal, giving it 60 days to consider it. A final contract could be signed as early as September for delivery from late 2008.

Islamabad 's F-16s are to be funded partly by a five-year military aid package the USA has guaranteed Pakistan in exchange for its role in the "war on terrorism". Pakistan will have to find additional funds from its defence budget, but sources say it is uncertain whether it will receive enough for all 55 aircraft.

mysterious

Of course it would! Something that the PAF has waited for so long and now when the opportunity knocks, you expect PAF to just sit back and let it pass? Funds will be made available, that is one thing for sure.

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro

Besides F-16s,,, One of my sources has told me that Mirage2000-5 seems to have won the evaluation battle of PAF. Some officials have rejected Rafale & are pushing for Mirage2000-5 based on PAF coustomization to which France had agreed twice but PAF backed out.

It seems that for the 5th Gen ACs PAF has now set its mind on Chinese J-XX & another Chinese 4th Gen AC under development which is to measure upto Russian Sukhois but will be single engined, instead of buying Rafales.
If any thing goes wrong with Chinese project than PAF still has a chance of going back to Rafales.

5 of the PAF pilots who now have retired them selves from UAE-AF & has returned to Pakistan & PAF to their previous positions have favored Mirages over Rafale.

adsH

SABRE said:
5 of the PAF pilots who now have retired them selves from UAE-AF & has returned to Pakistan & PAF to their previous positions have favored Mirages over Rafale.

Retired but not just an officer retirement they've made enough for a comfortable life. trust me ive seen how PAF pilots are kept in arab countries. they live a life of luxury at the expense of the host nation, i know they do in Saudi. good for them!!

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro

adsH said:
Retired but not just an officer retirement they've made enough for a comfortable life. trust me ive seen how PAF pilots are kept in arab countries. they live a life of luxury at the expense of the host nation, i know they do in Saudi. good for them!!
They have retired from UAE-AF not PAF....they were leased to UAE-AF & now they are back & they'll be stationed on F-16 most probably since they were flying F-16s & Mirage2000-9. When Mirage2000s come to PAF than they'll be stationed on them.

rafale_2k5

I cant understand PAFs fascination with older jets , if they were to purchase M2k- 9/5 whichever version than why not Rafale because sooner than later France is gonna halt production lines of M2k series n replace em with Rafales n their likes!!!!! i know he reason could be more of financial than technical, but even than its not like PAfs orderin the Mirages now!!!!! it could take considerable time!!!!!

adsH

SABRE said:
They have retired from UAE-AF not PAF....they were leased to UAE-AF & now they are back & they'll be stationed on F-16 most probably since they were flying F-16s & Mirage2000-9. When Mirage2000s come to PAF than they'll be stationed on them.

I know Sabre, my friends Dad was a PAF Pilot he was working for the Saudi's on a 3 year contract. He retired from PAF when he went back to Pakistan. Trust me he is Rich, i don't know what they pay in UAE, but Saudi's do pay out allot.

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro

rafale_2k5 said:
I cant understand PAFs fascination with older jets , if they were to purchase M2k- 9/5 whichever version than why not Rafale because sooner than later France is gonna halt production lines of M2k series n replace em with Rafales n their likes!!!!! i know he reason could be more of financial than technical, but even than its not like PAfs orderin the Mirages now!!!!! it could take considerable time!!!!!
You have a serious missconceptions about Mirage2000s. Like F-16s they are to stay a long time in the world over. Many countries are having the combinition of F-16 & Mirage2000s togather (UAE, Greece)...Look at how far in the time mirage-3/5 have come. It will take France 20 more yrs to ground Mirage2000 series, specialy the export version.

If purchased, I believe PAF will buy either Mirage2000-5 or Mirage2000-9 but they would be coustomized on PAF requirements, hence a new version may come around. I herd PAF gave its coustomization plans to Dessault in 1999 & dessault called the version "M2k Scorpion" but later PAF pulled out in 2001. Not sure of this though.

Anyways...Mirages are good AirCrafts specialy Mirage2000-9 which shares many of the features & characteristics from RAFALE.

BilalK

Actually Sabre, the PAF tried to purchase the standard Mirage 2000-5 in 1994 or 1996, but our government due to political issues within them, pulled out. In 2002 the PAF tried a custom Mirage version, or buying a pre-made custom version, however due to how hard India was pressing Dassault not to sell cause India would buy 126 Mirage 2000-5s, the deal couldn't go through. Then, my guess is that from then on, the U.S may have secretly told PAF that F-16 will be approved, and the PAF was focussing on a suitable F-16, probably reason why they were so quiet about Mirage 2000-5.

Now its 2005, the IAF has failed to purchase the 126 Mirage 2000-5s they promised back in 1998!. In addition to that, the IAF is likely to end up with MiG-29 due to Russian pressure. Dassault at this point wants to make some big $$$, who on Earth would be able to provide more than 3bn USD to Dassault, Pakistan!! The F-16 deal, and Dassault's needs to sell something, would give the PAF more freedom to get a custom Mirage 2000, to their requirements, for a fairly good deal.

XEROX

Now its 2005, the IAF has failed to purchase the 126 Mirage 2000-5s they promised back in 1998!. In addition to that, the IAF is likely to end up with MiG-29 due to Russian pressure

First of all they officially tendered the order for 126 a/c in April 2005 - not 1998

Secondaly the IAF will most likely go in for the Mirage,

And thirdly "due to Russian pressure", come on dude what your insinuating

Mod edit: highsea: watch the tone, please

BilalK

The IAF said it'll go for 126 Mirage 2000-5s back in late 1998, many here will remember IAF's claims of purchasing 126 Mirage 2000-5s back in 1999, then again in 2003. The competition for the 126 planes is just recent, probably IAF's idea of buying more time.

Here's something from 2002
http://newsarchives.indiainfo.com/2002/03/27/27mirage.html

Mod Edit: Highsea: Uncalled for comments deleted. Watch it BilalK

http://defencetalk.com/forums/rules.php