BAE Systems will provide training to the U.S. Department of Defense’s Joint Improvised Explosive Device Defeat Organization (JIEDDO) under a new task order worth approximately $60 million. The company will develop and implement a five-year training curriculum for the agency to teach innovative methods for identifying and disabling IEDs.
The task order is part of BAE Systems’ role as one of several prime contractors supporting JIEDDO under an indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity contract awarded by the U.S. General Services Administration’s Federal Systems Integration and Management Center. The value of that larger contract, announced late last year, could reach a total of approximately $900 million for all companies involved.
“IEDs continue to be a major threat to the men and women serving in Afghanistan,” said Scott Black, vice president and general manager for Global Mission Solutions at BAE Systems Support Solutions. “Utilizing the latest research and analysis, as well as our proven past performance, our team will help warfighters to organize, plan and carry out effective counter-IED operations.”
The work will be conducted at offices in Northern Virginia and at a number of military sites in the United States and overseas. The task order extends BAE Systems’ ongoing support to JIEDDO, as the company has provided similar types of services and expertise to the agency since 2006.
BAE Systems Support Solutions, based in Rockville, Md., provides a range of services to meet needs in readiness and sustainment and operational support across the land, aviation, maritime and C4ISR domains, supporting the U.S. Department of Defense and federal agencies. Support Solutions is also a leading non-nuclear ship repair, modernization and conversion company, serving the U.S. Navy and other maritime customers.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Ukranian Crisis
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- How truly capable is the United States Navy?
- Philippines to Re-Focus on Territorial Defence in 2012
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Navy Carrier Battle Group composition
- Cooling system supplier for Wheeled armored vehicle
- Gaza/Israel clashes thread
- Indonesian Aero News
- Juan Carlos / Canberra Class LHD
- RussianLand Forces Thread