They'll Always Be Kids, Proud to be Mom (P&G)

eckherl

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
Well if not than just enter the Canadian forces.
AFAIK there women are allowed to go tanking.

And one gets to drive a real Panzer which defenitely sounds way cooler than driving a mere tank! :D
Ha Ha, I had a 1st Sargeant that used to call our tanks Dat mobiles, he used to be a ground pounder, more than likely was just mad be because he had to drive around in a Hummer and couldn't keep up with us when moving cross country.

D = Dumb
A = Ass
T = Tanker

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well if not than just enter the Canadian forces.
AFAIK there women are allowed to go tanking.

And one gets to drive a real Panzer which defenitely sounds way cooler than driving a mere tank! :D
Panzers eh? You mean like the ones that got destroyed at Kursk? :p:

Anyways. Infantry is where it's at.

Waylander

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
It looks like these days everybody wants to become a mudcrawler...
What is so cool about having to go by foot with just a protection against 7.62mm over one's chest? ;)

It has to be because of all these cool pictures of guys in smurf camo wearing Oakleys... :D

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
What is so cool about having to go by foot with just a protection against 7.62mm over one's chest? ;)

It has to be because of all these cool pictures of guys in smurf camo wearing Oakleys... :D
Meh. Infantry does the real work. Tankers just sit there and operate machinery. I won't go any further for fear of insulting people. :D

Also tanks are a target for all sorts of nasties with RPGs these days. I have yet to see someone trying to hit an individual infantryman with an ATGM. :p:

Waylander

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
Meh. Infantry does the real work. Tankers just sit there and operate machinery. I won't go any further for fear of insulting people. :D

Also tanks are a target for all sorts of nasties with RPGs these days. I have yet to see someone trying to hit an individual infantryman with an ATGM. :p:
Why was it that thermobaric warheads exist...:p:

On a more serious note. I really get the feeling that, my bias aside, These days infantry jobs are more preferred than in the past (apart from units like the Marines or Airborn guys which all time favorites).

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Marines is not a job. It's a branch of service. In the Marines there are tankers, aviators, infantry, cooks, admin, etc.

wing fan

Hey people, come on back to the subject! :eek:fftopic Don't want anyone else getting banned! Please!?

FEANOR! Thanx a bunch for sticking up for me on the whole "get the chicks" thing. I am not into that kinda stuff at all! No to girls and no to boys for me. waste of time in my opinion. But i ain't the shiniest diamond on the ring, so i don't have to worry about boys, or girls.

I would prefer to be infantry, not sit in a hot, humid tank all day, (no offense) I want to be moving and dodging bullets, and hand to hand combat.

eckherl: i don't do much sitting in front of the tv, and i only am on the computer 2 hours tops in a day. I am outside almost all the time. The sugar thing i have been trying to get rid of, because i get terrible sleep anyway. sugar doesn't help me sleep even the slightest bit!

Well, i am going to get off the computer before it kicks me off the internet, again! :lam

Laters!!

- wing fan

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
No to boys? And you're 15? Well. Maybe in a year or so you'll change your mind. :)

Waylander

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
Marines is not a job. It's a branch of service. In the Marines there are tankers, aviators, infantry, cooks, admin, etc.
I know but I meant that the Marines always had less problems to fill their infantry MOSs than the army. At least from my subjective view.

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mmmm. I have no idea. I know currently the Corps is cutting down on recruiting.

eckherl

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro

Well maybe someday all of us could see the mother of all land battles again be bestowed upon us, and what will the ground pounders be screaming for, GIVE ME ARMOR SUPPORT NOW, WHERE ARE THE TANKS!. Even now if they can get a tank section or platoon attached to them they are most happy.

eckherl

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
Hey people, come on back to the subject! :eek:fftopic Don't want anyone else getting banned! Please!?

FEANOR! Thanx a bunch for sticking up for me on the whole "get the chicks" thing. I am not into that kinda stuff at all! No to girls and no to boys for me. waste of time in my opinion. But i ain't the shiniest diamond on the ring, so i don't have to worry about boys, or girls.

I would prefer to be infantry, not sit in a hot, humid tank all day, (no offense) I want to be moving and dodging bullets, and hand to hand combat.

eckherl: i don't do much sitting in front of the tv, and i only am on the computer 2 hours tops in a day. I am outside almost all the time. The sugar thing i have been trying to get rid of, because i get terrible sleep anyway. sugar doesn't help me sleep even the slightest bit!

Well, i am going to get off the computer before it kicks me off the internet, again! :lam

Laters!!

- wing fan
Tanks have air conditioning or air circulation systems on them, plus in the winter the ground pounders fight amongst themselves to see who gets to sleep on the back deck of our tanks, they stay nice and warm.

I have two daughters of my own about your age, I hope they continue to feel the same way about boys as you do, right now they do not have a choice and they know it, daddy would show a bad attitude to all males that would even have the guts to ask them out.;)

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have two daughters of my own about your age, I hope they continue to feel the same way about boys as you do, right now they do not have a choice and they know it, daddy would show a bad attitude to all males that would even have the guts to ask them out.;)
Frightening. Truly...

Then again... I come from a place where a drunk 12-year old isn't out of the ordinary... :(

wing fan

No to boys? And you're 15? Well. Maybe in a year or so you'll change your mind. :)

Yeah, right. That is what all my friends said 2 years ago but i still don't like them. waste of time for me. :smooth I have to avoid a kid on my brother's hockey team though. He does date, and he's single, and likes me, and i don't date. Trust me, i know, i hang out with his mom during the games. But my brother will take care of everything! :cool:

wing fan

Good for you! Go dad! What do you daughters think about that? I have been raised in a family where dating is not an option. And i am a-okay with that!

Laters!

- wing fan

OPSSG

Super Moderator
Staff member
Are you watching this as an instructional video? :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67rp6qbe7dw]Meet the Parents[/ame]

Fav line:"I will bring you down, baby... I will bring you down to China Town..."

wing fan

Sounds horrid!
That's probably because you may have been raised in a family that aloud dating. Not judging or anything, just assuming. Mine doesn't, so i think he is being a great dad! My dad isn't worried about me, but i have my brother to protect me when i go hang with him and his friends. But i don't hang out with anyone that my brother doesn't like. I barley have any friends anyway. But not because of my brother, i'm just not very social, in public. I don't try to get ANY atenttion from anyone i don't know, so that is a bonus! My brother would :gun me if i went out with one of the kids on his hockey team, and those are the only boys i talk to. So i guess i am blessed to have my family, as well as everyone else is blessed to have theirs.

Laters!

- wing fan

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry, I just like being able to do pretty much whatever, as far as my parents are concerned. Like my first reaction if my parents expressedly forbade something, would be to go and do it.