They'll Always Be Kids, Proud to be Mom (P&G)

DeltaSPARTAN003

What do you think of this commercial, being broadcast during the 2010 Winter Olympics?
I love it, it show's that not all kids are overweight, (which is true) and that one is proud being Mom.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEnRYuqFoPg"]P&G, Being a kid, Proud to be Mom[/ame]

Go team U.S.A.

Last edited:

wing fan

Good commercial. I'll look out for it while i watch the Olympics. I'm a kid and i am not overweight. I am actually 19 pounds underweight for kids my age. And i eat like a PIG! Cool commercial though.

Go Team U.S.A.

- wing fan

DeltaSPARTAN003

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
...I am actually 19 pounds underweight for kids my age. And i eat like a PIG! Cool commercial though...
Umm... Don't depend on your high metabolism to stave off bad health when you grow older. You need to eat healthy now so you won't lose your hair, or grow wrinkles like most white men do at the age of 40. You don't have to go on a diet. Just drink water everyday, and no soda, no junk food, or no sweets.

If you want to eat some candy's, eat dark chocolate, (not milk chocolate) and sugar free cookies, crackers.

Start now, or you will regret it.

DeltaSPARTAN003

A comment from (YouTube user) Humanatek said - "This commercial totally MISSED THE MARK. We were in a living room with friends in California and no less than 8 of us NOTICED THE WHITENESS OF THIS COMMERCIAL!! REALLY SAD OF U ASK US!! 8 PEOPLE NOTICED! Here's a line for you: "P&G Proud Sponsors of WHITE MOMS Across America!" Joke, P&G ought to know better particularly in 2010! I'm sure our group was not the only group that noticed the lack of multiculturalism. BIG MISTAKE!"
Link: Link Here.
What do you think?

Last edited:

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
I honestly didn't notice that. Then again I'm not terribly racially sensetive.

wing fan

Umm... Don't depend on your high metabolism to stave off bad health when you grow older. You need to eat healthy now so you won't lose your hair, or grow wrinkles like most white men do at the age of 40. You don't have to go on a diet. Just drink water everyday, and no soda, no junk food, or no sweets.

If you want to eat some candy's, eat dark chocolate, (not milk chocolate) and sugar free cookies, crackers.

Start now, or you will regret it.
I do eat healthy. My sister (19) cooks dinner every night and uses mostly only organic ingredients. i can't say that much about soda and sweets. I am a Pepsi-holic as well as a candy-holic. :drunk1 A.K.A. I have no less than one Pepsi a day and i have a stash of candy in my room from road trip gas stations. Mmmmm.....

But i saw the commercial on TV last night , and my mom loves it and my sister thought it was really cool. So i don't know what the YouTube user was talking about, but oh well. I say do more commercials like that. I was really cool.

Laters!

- wing fan

Kilo 2-3

A comment from (YouTube user) Humanatek said - "This commercial totally MISSED THE MARK. We were in a living room with friends in California and no less than 8 of us NOTICED THE WHITENESS OF THIS COMMERCIAL!! REALLY SAD OF U ASK US!! 8 PEOPLE NOTICED! Here's a line for you: "P&G Proud Sponsors of WHITE MOMS Across America!" Joke, P&G ought to know better particularly in 2010! I'm sure our group was not the only group that noticed the lack of multiculturalism. BIG MISTAKE!"
Link: Link Here.
What do you think?
I would respond by noting that the vast majority of participants in the Winter Olympics are...white, Caucasian, persons of European descent, etc. Is it racism? Probably not...

Kenya doesn't send many people to the Winter Olympics and winter sports aren't as big in the areas (the South, urban areas, the Southwest) where minority groups are most prevalent.

I'd rather it reflect general reality than bow to the demands of political correctness and include the "token black guy."

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey, lets keep this civil guys. This is the off-topic forum, but the basic rules still apply.

DeltaSPARTAN003

Hey, lets keep this civil guys. This is the off-topic forum, but the basic rules still apply.
[Mod edit: Text deleted] I respectfully demand an appeal. Now.

[Mod Edit: Appeal considered and denied. The Mod team and the Webmaster have every right to delete offensive posts. Your posts were reported and deleted pursuant to a Mod discussion.

You may want to rethink your current approach and your existing mental paradigm. IMO, your posts show the limits your exposure to the problems of the poor which is actually not a topic of discussion in DT. Your attempt to pass off the common prejudices against the poor as fact is stunningly inaccurate. More importantly, you do not have empathy for the condition of your fellow man/woman and that does not bode well for your character development.

Further, you should understand many soldiers are involved in community work and that as soldiers go abroad for operations or training, they learn about poverty first hand through community out-reach programs. Take a look at the Exercise Cobra Gold (1 to 11 Feb 2010) website for more info. Even in an exercise like Cobra Gold there's a strong emphasis on community out-reach work. As a former Singaporean solider, I have actually trained in Thailand and it's something I'll never forget.]

Last edited:

DeltaSPARTAN003

[Mod edit: Text deleted]I respectfully demand an appeal. Now.

[Mod Edit: Appeal considered and denied. The Mod team and the Webmaster have every right to delete offensive posts. Your posts were reported and deleted pursuant to a Mod discussion.

You may want to rethink your current approach and your existing mental paradigm. IMO, your posts show the limits your exposure to the problems of the poor which is actually not a topic of discussion in DT. Your attempt to pass off the common prejudices against the poor as fact is stunningly inaccurate. More importantly, you do not have empathy for the condition of your fellow man/woman and that does not bode well for your character development.

Further, you should understand many soldiers are involved in community work and that as soldiers go abroad for operations or training, they learn about poverty first hand through community out-reach programs. Take a look at the Exercise Cobra Gold (1 to 11 Feb 2010) website for more info. Even in an exercise like Cobra Gold there's a strong emphasis on community out-reach work. As a former Singaporean solider, I have actually trained in Thailand and it's something I'll never forget.]
All right, I understand what the MOD Team has stated.
I myself do have friends that arn't "well off" per say. My words, i'm sure seemed to reek of Elitism. And I apologize for that. I'd like to re-affirm that i'm an open minded person that does not judge a book by it's cover.

If you would accept my apology, I would be forever thankfull. And know thay i'm walking a fine line within the DefenceTalk Community, until I redeam myself.

Thank You.

Last edited:

DeltaSPARTAN003

Learn and move on. :D
Thanks.

Now, to the topic at hand, what do you fellow DefenceTalkers think about the Commercial itself.
Are any of you, or have you ever been in that situation, in having Mom (or Dad) help you in your quest toward the climax of your sport? I know I have put my parents through grievences, and long nights with injuries, relating to my favorite sport, Soccer.

Your Experiences?

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Heh. I've definetly put my parents through some bad times. Like when I crashed my first car. Sports-wise, not really though. I played soccer for a few years but never had any serious injuries. (bruises, cuts, a sprain, stuff like that)

By the way, not to dwell on it, but just to clarify. The Webmaster and two separate mods (myself and OPSSG) felt that your posts were out of line. We're not picking on you personally. We're just trying to keep the peace. :)

wing fan

I've put my parents through a lot of hard times, considering I did motorcross for a few years! I never got any "major" injuries, but i might have got a concusion or two :drunk that i never knew about. But i couldn't race after that, they shut the track down. :( I also have crashed multiple times in my own yard and terrified my brother's friend after i crashed because i wouldn't move because i didn't know if i was hurt or not. So i just had to yell at him that i was fine and to stop yelling and to give me a minute. Was a really fun wreck though! Flying through the air at about 25-30 mph, for about 8-12 feet. pretty cool.

So yes, i put my parents through a lot and have not yet been hospitalized! Oh yeah!

Laters!

- wing fan

eckherl

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
I do eat healthy. My sister (19) cooks dinner every night and uses mostly only organic ingredients. i can't say that much about soda and sweets. I am a Pepsi-holic as well as a candy-holic. :drunk1 A.K.A. I have no less than one Pepsi a day and i have a stash of candy in my room from road trip gas stations. Mmmmm.....

But i saw the commercial on TV last night , and my mom loves it and my sister thought it was really cool. So i don't know what the YouTube user was talking about, but oh well. I say do more commercials like that. I was really cool.

Laters!

- wing fan
When you get a little older you may want to eat and drink your sugar infested habits with a little moderation.;) Stay active and breath some fresh air, get away from the television and computer. When you get to an age that you can join the U.S Army become a tanker, there is no other finer glory than moving cross country at a high rate of speed and busting some caps. Tankers also get the hot looking chicks or guys depending on your gender of course.:rosie

Last edited:

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well hey... you never know. Maybe she's into chicks too. :D Do they even let females be tankers in the army?

Waylander

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
Well if not than just enter the Canadian forces.
AFAIK there women are allowed to go tanking.

And one gets to drive a real Panzer which defenitely sounds way cooler than driving a mere tank! :D

eckherl

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
Well hey... you never know. Maybe she's into chicks too. :D Do they even let females be tankers in the army?
Nope, not yet, projectiles that weigh in over 50LBS:censored could pose a issue, especially when the loader better be screaming UP! every 3 to 4 seconds during live fire engagements. Things could change though, some women during todays generation are looking SCAAAARY.