The new members introduction thread.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Hello All,

Welcome to DefenceTalk. Be sure to read the rules and share the link with your friends and social media!

Thanks and enjoy!

Redlands18

Hello All,

Welcome to DefenceTalk. Be sure to read the rules and share the link with your friends and social media!

Thanks and enjoy!
Hello all
I've been lurking around here for a few years now so finally decided to get involved.
I would like to thank the Webmaster,Mods and senior members for running such a professional forum that doesn't put up with BS unlike so many other sites. Have learnt a lot about the ADF especially. Look forward to chatting with you all.
Redlands18

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Hello all
I've been lurking around here for a few years now so finally decided to get involved.
I would like to thank the Webmaster,Mods and senior members for running such a professional forum that doesn't put up with BS unlike so many other sites. Have learnt a lot about the ADF especially. Look forward to chatting with you all.
Redlands18
Welcome! Glad you decided to jump in,thanks and enjoy!

OPSSG

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hello, I'm from Jersey.
Welcome to the forum and please read the Forum Rules before posting again.

Further, you are specifically requested to post an introduction, longer than 3 lines. This will help the Moderators decide if you are a spammer. Thank you.

A reminder to all posting in this thread. The posting of one-liners is a violation of Rule 2 of the Forum Rules. On occasion, the Mod Team may tolerate a post with one-line; but not all the time.

For new members or members with less than 50 posts, if you post a one-liner in this thread, it will be deleted. Thank you for your attention.

Last edited:

PakShaheen79

The new members introduction thread

Hi Guys,

Just joined the Defense Talk to learn more about defense matters. I am a geopolitical and defense analyst by profession.

I hope i would be able to enhance my understanding about strategic issues around the world after becoming part of this very dynamic defense forum.

Regards,

OPSSG

Super Moderator
Staff member
A reminder to all posting in this thread. The posting of one-liners is a violation of Rule 2 of the Forum Rules. On occasion, the Mod Team may tolerate a post with one-line; but not all the time.

For new members or members with less than 50 posts, if you post a one-liner in this thread, it will be deleted. Thank you for your attention.

KMM4x4

Hi, everybody!
I from Russia. Call me Mamikon. Very much I am interested in military equipment and this forum very much was pleasant to me. I will come whenever possible.

satyakhush

Greetings From Canada

Hello forum friends, I am veteran on other forums related to Geo-political and defense issues and just came across this forum and decided to register to learn on the core issues of unstable situation in ME and brewing hot spot in Asian Pacific region.

My interest is to learn from others as to how we can help in moving our respective Governments from military industrial empire to wards looking into dividends of peace for the sake of humanity. I will share my thoughts mostly on creating and laying foundation for peace in the troubled areas around the world. :)

OPSSG

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hello forum friends, I am veteran on other forums related to Geo-political and defense issues and just came across this forum and decided to register to learn on the core issues of unstable situation in ME and brewing hot spot in Asian Pacific region.

My interest is to learn from others as to how we can help in moving our respective Governments from military industrial empire to wards looking into dividends of peace for the sake of humanity. I will share my thoughts mostly on creating and laying foundation for peace in the troubled areas around the world. :)
Welcome to DefenceTalk. I am sure you will have fun interacting with others and sharing with us your passion for peace. And many believe in peace through strength, as it is often demonstrated through the ages that peace must be defended.

If you don't mind, I would make two requests: One, read the Forum Rules before posting (as it would keep you out of trouble); and two, read the threads that you post in.

TheRedDwarf

Hello everyone. My name is TheRedDwarf and I am from New Zealand.

I have been skulking around these forums, at night, for a while now, often dipping into NZDF related threads to read some in-depth analysis as, for whatever reason, it helps me sleep. Weird, I know.

Defense wise, my interests primarily revolve around the current public perception of the military in New Zealand and how this has changed during the post-cold war period.

You all seem like a terrific bunch and I am pleased to be part of such a quality community.

Cheers.

RD

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Hello everyone. My name is TheRedDwarf and I am from New Zealand.

I have been skulking around these forums, at night, for a while now, often dipping into NZDF related threads to read some in-depth analysis as, for whatever reason, it helps me sleep. Weird, I know.

Defense wise, my interests primarily revolve around the current public perception of the military in New Zealand and how this has changed during the post-cold war period.

You all seem like a terrific bunch and I am pleased to be part of such a quality community.

Cheers.

RD
Welcome aboard RD, nice to see another Kiwi on the forum. Be mindful of the rules and we look forward to your input. It helps to read the threads that you are posting in.

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Hi, everybody!
I from Russia. Call me Mamikon. Very much I am interested in military equipment and this forum very much was pleasant to me. I will come whenever possible.
Welcome aboard. We like it that you read the rules and that you read the threads where you are posting in.

KMM4x4

Welcome aboard. We like it that you read the rules and that you read the threads where you are posting in.
I have a technical literature on the Russian military equipment. Trucks, armored personnel carriers, tanks and other machines. If that will interest on technical characteristics or the device, ask.

KMM4x4

Hi, everybody! On April 22 I was 27 years old and I finished military age (under the law in Russia men aged from 18 till 27 years are called up for military service). Yesterday I have received the military ID and now I the private of a stock and I am a person liable for call-up.
I wish all the peace sky over the head.

donald_of_tokyo

Hello

This is donald_of_tokyo, a Japanese. My background is "complex system engineering" in Japan. I was a fan of RNZN for 17 years, as well as RN and RAN. I never served on military. But complex system, I know.

As my cousin is in JMSDF and unkle was in JASDF, and I myself is following the activities, I am happy to provide info. or at least correct something if it is wrongly posted here. This is because, English web information is sadly poor for JSDF, which is not good in my opinion.

Thanks.

Malcolm Stark

First post

Name is Malcolm
From South Africa
Must of seen most military hardware videos on YouTube :)
My English sux if not for spell checker , so excuse the use of your , you're and yours :p:

Supersonic_29

Hi, I have been a long time follower of military and security events/news. I would like to share my views and have good discussions with the members on this forum. Thanks you.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
welcome, enjoy your stay and don't forget to have a read of the forum rules before posting.

gf

Mig-29M2

Hi there,
Long-time military enthusiast here.
I've been closely following the Syrian, Ukrainian, Iraqi, Yemeni, and Turkish conflicts.
Looking forward to have a nice time here.
Thanks,

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Hi there,
Long-time military enthusiast here.
I've been closely following the Syrian, Ukrainian, Iraqi, Yemeni, and Turkish conflicts.
Looking forward to have a nice time here.
Thanks,
Welcome aboard cobber. Enjoy your time here and please acquaint yourself with the rules, especially the one regarding one line posts.